Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Tribute to The Few Cigarillos Box"

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Bought some stuff and made this:

Cigarillosbox85RAFSQ004.jpg

Hope you like it as much as I do;)

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Soren,

When I was a kid I used to love looking at those cigarette cases with a map of Britain engraved on them. They were quite common in the post-war period. As with many things in one's childhood, I had forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me. Does it have a makers mark on it?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
H.Johnson said:
Soren,

When I was a kid I used to love looking at those cigarette cases with a map of Britain engraved on them. They were quite common in the post-war period. As with many things in one's childhood, I had forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me. Does it have a makers mark on it?

Same thing happened to me, when I was watching the movie "The hours" the other night. There is a scene in the little boys bedroom in the late 40's - and I suddenly remebered that I had exactly the same wallpaper in my room.
A wallpaper with cowboys and indians.
It brought me right back....

DerMann

Practically Family
That looks great.

I have the same zippo. Brass really is a much better metal for them.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Somehow I also tend to use exactly my brass Zippo.
Allthough I have several others to choose from.
But I also like it because it has the old design with the slightly rounded corners and the flat bottom. Kind of nice and different.
And it looks nice when polished - and just as nice, when it's not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot