Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tried Activskins (male pantyhose)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStephenMasek

One of the Regulars
I finally decided to try them (full support versions), and like them. They are excellent under both dress and casual clothing. They will also be excellent for air travel and other situations with long periods of sitting.

I'm wearing their A560 model (sheer full support pantyhose) now, and they provide good support and are comfortable. I've also got their model A866 (full support footed tights with fly).

It was initially a strange new thing to put them on (and I damaged a few pair). The convenience is excellent, as you do not need separate underwear or socks. They can sometimes be warm or cold, and sometimes need to be pulled up, but so do regular socks.

Both of my parents had varicose veins, so I expected my time would come. I've been wearing a long compression stocking on my right leg for several years, but the elastic band at the top covered with rubber dots gets bothersome, they are expensive, and you need to wear socks, as no socks which match them are made. When I needed to order more, I went looking for alternatives.

Here is their web site: http://www.comfilon.com/

Last edited:

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
A rather ingenious thing. I’m a big fan of long underwear, and I could see these being a good warm-weather alternative. Modern dress pants are so thin, an extra layer is a nice thing.

I probably would buy the kind without feet, however, as I don’t wear sheer black dress socks often, so I’d want to be able to continue with my current sock collection.

-Dave

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Meh. They remind me too much of what I had to wear for dance performances, and I tended to find those extremely uncomfortable. If I am going cold weather camping, sure some sort of skin tight base layer is good, but outside of that, not really my thing.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've noticed several NFL and a few NBA players wearing them. I have on the occasional arctic day worn thin silk long underwear under my dress clothes and found that the trousers would sometimes catch on the undies causing the trousers to drape/hang poorly; mind you, most all of my trousers are unlined so YMMV.

FStephenMasek

One of the Regulars
..thin silk long underwear under my dress clothes and found that the trousers would sometimes catch on the undies causing the trousers to drape/hang poorly; mind you, most all of my trousers are unlined so YMMV.
The pantyhose I've tried thus far work well under a wool suit, but seem to catch more on synthetic blend trousers. I'll be going to a cold part of central Europe in December (Vilnius, Lithuania) for the 80th birthday of my wife's father, so I'll be able to compare them to the silk long underwear. By the way, people there tend to dress far better than in California, even though clothing is expensive.

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
Style866_WaistHigh_Lg.jpg

Shouldn't they be called Mantyhose?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Maybe 40 plus years ago Joe Namath was seen in an advertisement for men's pantyhose. My mother, ever on the watch to undermine her sons' sense of manliness, bought some for me and my brother. I'm sorry, but after trying them on once, I relegated them to oblivion.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
So how do these things compare to the various styles of athletic / compression / biker shorts ?:eusa_doh:

I think that a more appropriate comparison would be the full length under-armour type leggings. I would be curious to hear how they compared.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Mantyhose..lol! Nearly fell off my chair laughing!

If you find silk long johns catch on your trousers, try spraying your LJs with a light mist of cheap hairspray. It cuts down static.

K x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL