Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trip to Resistol/Stetson Garland outlet store

stinker

New in Town
Made my usual pilgrimage to the Resistol/Stetson outlet store in Garland, TX on Saturday as I always stop by to browse their clearance inventory when in the Dallas area. Always a pleasant venture as I hunt for bargains and chat with other hat aficionados.

While authenticating a Stetson hat for an acquaintance (it was a fake), I spoke at length with the store manager, David Stevens, who gave me some interesting info. At the outlet store, there are typically 10,000 hats in inventory and they churn them regularly. Markdowns are commonplace. Their inventory is roughly 70% Western hats (HEY, it's Texas, right?) and the balance being traditional fedoras. Through my experience, I'd say their hat inventory consists of excess and damaged inventory plus returns from stores. I always thoroughly inspect before I buy since imperfect hats are sometimes in their inventory.

Several hat-fitters work the steam tables there for tips and are helpful when tying to clean or reshape a hat. They also have country western clothing, but, hats are what they're all about.

You won't find much publicity on the outlet store because it competes with their customers - retail stores and distributors. Locals know about it though as a great sources for hats.

They will have a one-week sale before Father's Day and will sell a large grouping of hats for 50% off and Country Western shirts for $10 each.

With his permission, here's David's contact info:
David Stevens, Jr.
721 Marion Drive
Garland 75042
Phone: 972-494-0337
FAX: 972-494-5466
Email: dstevens@hat-co.com

pw1.jpg

It would be worth the trip, Joao. I know you would save loads of money.

But as a friend of mine has said for years, (and I know this could happen) "You can go BROKE saving money, you know!!"

javadave61

Practically Family
Thanks stinker for the awesome info. I'm returning to Dallas the week before Father's Day for a conference and to see my family. I'm pumped to know I'll be there during the big sale. My itinerary is land safely, outlet, then family. Priorities! :cool:

HatsRme, I'll definitely come back broke after all the money I save.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Even Ive bought hats there at the outlet store! I bought a Stetson Pinnacle a few years sgo . Couldnt find anything wrong with it.

triple-d

A-List Customer
Man...............this pic has certainly messed up my childhood infatuation with Mary Poppins:eeek:

But hey.....i guess it's time I let it go anyway.

Nice umbrella Joao........grats!!!!

triple-d

A-List Customer
Looking at that photo, I'm afraid that when I walk in, I'll be so overwhelmed that I won't know what to do. If you all see a guy standing frozen in place, that's me. Help me along.

Ya Dave, me also. I was in there a month or so ago. When I came to, the hat steamer guy was waving his hand back and forth in my face.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy