Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Confessions: My Sordid String of Love Affairs

marydaydreaming.jpg

jeannie.jpg

bain3.jpg

200px-Tina_Louise.jpg

cast_Doris1.jpg

tuesday1-sized.jpg

bob-crane-sized.jpg

The Wingnut

One Too Many
In no particular order, other than as I think of them:

catherine_bach_05.jpg
243312.jpg

Sallyfield.jpg
1.jpg

And I'm saving the best for last: Smart, spunky, classy, humble, practical, and most of all, a redhead, Ann Sheridan. Oh, that I could find her modern twin...

sherdan1.gif

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Jennifer Tilly, cool chick!

In the early 90's, she and a friend on mine were doing a TV series in Key West. I visited the set for a few days and on an off day we all went spearfishing in the Dry Tortugas, off key West. She's a hoot, a real nice gal and what a bod. :p

jennifer_tilly.jpg

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Great thread idea!

tony_dow3.jpg

Tony Dow...Sigh...

famouseddie03.jpg

Oh, Eddie. Not all sociopaths are bad to the bone.He meant well.

4kees.jpg

I actually saw them in concert.

2sons.jpg

This was the beginning of my love affair with nerds.

(This is way too fun. Thanks Senator for giving me something to do this sleepless night! But wait, there's more!)

amabd.JPG

(Sam)

famafair01.jpg

Johnny Whitaker was my first love. Or was it Greg Brady?! I really got around...and this is just TV. The talkies, fahgetaboutit!

4faces.jpg

I secretly wanted to be Nellie while publicly sympathizing with Laura...

280px-Gossamer.jpg

That poor monster was misunderstood.

I'm not right, because I'm just getting started. I'll stop here. This is embarrassing. lol

Elaina

One Too Many
Jacktripper.jpg

First man I ever had a crush on. I think it started when I was 3. Then the Monkees. Peter's long been my favorite since 2nd grade when we had to write letters, and he not only replied, but sent me a signed LP, t-shirt and a couple of buttons.

bkstand1.jpg

Don't know what it is about this man, but I have always liked him. I remember being 7 or so and thinking how unfair it was that he was a) older then dirt for me and b) dead.

killyoulater.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine why these 2 remain on my list. I like Brown more the older I get, and Lambert the less the older he gets.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Nils Asther? I remember he was Danish (Swedish?) and that he was the title character in The Bitter Tea of General Yen, a 1932 Frank Capra drawing room piece. My dad rented this from a film library to show my mom in the 70s, when I was but a wee lad, because she wanted to see Barbara Stanwyck in it.

Jan Smithers. Mmmmm.
175px-Jan_Smithers.jpg

This is her come-smither look :D

weightb-92chandler.jpg

1931 penny-scale card

250px-Ruth_Roman_in_Strangers_on_a_Train_trailer.jpg

What is it about tall + gawky + goofy = sexy?
cdcda.jpg
gross.gif
spbb.jpg
romyandmichele_2.gif

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Senator Jack said:
Don't mean to be a drip, but we've had the golden era film crush thread already. Let's see some more of those syndicated t.v. heartbreakers.
I wasn't aware. [huh] When you mentioned this, I searched through near 25 pages of The Moving Picture forum, where I would think such a topic would be, and found nothing. [huh] I found topics on things such as "Best Voices" and whatnot, but not general crushes. Regardless, I'll edit my post here.

Novella

Practically Family
batmansk7.jpg

Holy hotness Batman! First crush. The one to the right. I think I've mentioned this one before.

davyjonesrb5.jpg

Fifth grade: Year of the Monkees. Davy Jones for me. I use to pretend their song "Valerie" was actually "Mallory"(my name - constantly confused with Valerie when I first meet people). (PSG, I'm jealous you saw them in concert!!)

peterbrady2qf7.jpg

My favorite Brady.

professorwj1.jpg

Smart is sexy.

ezramagsevenlw9.jpg

Brief flirtation with the west.

davidduchovny2zy8.jpg

Mmmmmmulder.

kylechandlergg1.jpg

Reruns of this hero last summer.

Just older(ish) TV shows?

Forum statistics