Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Grit!

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Edward said:
No country I haven't seen - I greatly enjoyed Burn... though. The highlight of the latter for me was George Clooney, who I think is all too often lazily cast in 'leading man hearthrob' type roles that are far beneath his capability as an actor.

Hudsucker is pure genius, start to finish.

Hudsucker... jumbles eras a little, and the bit with the janitor seems out of pace with the rest of the film, but aside from these quibbles I really like it. The Katherine Hepburn impersonation is hilarious, the characters are fun, and the dialogue does have a snappy thirties feel.

Packin' Heat

One of the Regulars
That and, "Fill your hands...." It would be difficult to beat Wayne's delivery of that (and that was one of the few roles I actually liked him in), so they should do it differently. Bridges oughtn't copy Wayne, because obviously nobody can be as good of a John Wayne as John Wayne. I think it's a good idea going more with the book than with the original film for this reason.

Same thing with James Bond. Daniel Craig and Sean Connery are my favorite 007's, but they have totally different interpretations. Connery is classic in making the character his own, whilst Craig's version is closer to the books.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner