Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boot Co. ... Thoughts?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Just ordered a stock pair. I Sized them the same as my iron rangers per their recommendation.

Did you find that to be the case you wear the same size in both and fit is similar?

Thanks,

Yes, fit is similar. I guess the Iron Ranger in the same size fits a bit more roomy than the Truman.

Psant25

One Too Many
Really impressed with these new trumans. Fits great. Thick leather. Great QC. Grizzly for both. First truman boots and will not be the last

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 68

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
My property is amidst rugged terrain, so my boots get a workout. I also have Russell shoes and chukkas for casual wear...18 pairs in all. They last a lifetime. Would be happy to help you if you choose to pursue.

I believe people get thrown off when they see the word "moccasin." The way they construct their shoes/boots is unique. Their boots are specialized. Certain styles were developed for specific terrains, ie hunting in Africa. In that sense, I consider them "technical" wear.

Not everyone is into that "moccasin" look tbh, me being one of em. I go for toe caps and the "service boot" from viberg type look. Like I couldn't go for indy boot or boat shoes because I like a clean toe/vamp area. I'm sure they're well made.

cbez

One Too Many
I liked mine alright but found the last to be kind of roomy and sloppy, especially around the ankles and sides. My other boots have felt more 'sculpted' which is something I appreciate.

They also misrepresented the seconds I bought (called a big ass deep cut a 'tool mark') and I ended up passing them on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy