Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying out a different bash on my Art hat

univibe88

One Too Many
I decided to try out a new bash on one of my Art hats. It's amazing to me how a slightly different bash can really look so different!

It began life as a deep center crease:
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

I decided to give it a go with a deep diamond with a tighter pinch and longer dents.

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
Thanks for the complements guys. It is a 5 3/4" open crown and a 2 3/8" brim with a 3/8" binding. I was going for an early 30's style with a tall, straight crown and a shorter brim. Art really nailed it.

I'm glad you liked the center dent with reverse taper. I really love it too. That particular picture really shows it off. Unfortunately I liked looking at it more than I liked wearing it. I almost feel guilty about changing it because it is just so cool!

But for some reason I never could get used to wearing the hat. I've had it for nearly a year and I just didn't feel at one with it. So I decided to try the diamond. I'm much more comfortable with it now.

I think the center dent has a certain roundness to it, whereas the diamond with the straight sides is squarish. I think the diamond with the tighter pinch just looks better on me and suits my face better.

Or I could just be nuts [huh]

univibe88

One Too Many
It is Water of Life (whisky)

I think the hat itself really enjoyed being a center dent, but my noggin longed for it to be a diamond.

Which was your first VS?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
univibe88 said:
It is Water of Life (whisky)

I think the hat itself really enjoyed being a center dent, but my noggin longed for it to be a diamond.

Which was your first VS?
Remembrance. I have just gotten to were I stopped babying it and wear it more.:rolleyes:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
univibe88 said:
I decided to try out a new bash on one of my Art hats. It's amazing to me how a slightly different bash can really look so different!

It began life as a deep center crease:
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

I decided to give it a go with a deep diamond with a tighter pinch and longer dents.

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

I like the tighter pinch and diamond bash as well. It's like a diamond with more facets cut into it.

fedoralover

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
It looks nice both ways but my personal preference is normally some version of a diamond and I dig the one you put in it.:eusa_clap

m000m000

One of the Regulars
I guess I'll have to play the devil's advocate then, since I have to say I vastly preferred the old more rounded top with the high-crown look - Don't know if it's the bash or just the angle & photo, but something just seems slightly off to me with the the way the diamond version sits on the head.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents as far as they're worth, if you're happy with the new look yourself then by all means stick to it.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
m000m000 said:
I guess I'll have to play the devil's advocate then, since I have to say I vastly preferred the old more rounded top with the high-crown look - Don't know if it's the bash or just the angle & photo, but something just seems slightly off to me with the the way the diamond version sits on the head.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents as far as they're worth, if you're happy with the new look yourself then by all means stick to it.

I'll vote with Mr. Moo. Nothing wrong with the new bash (although bigger dents aren't necessarily my own taste) but the original seems to fit your head more elegantly, at least in these particular pictures. It is hard to tell since the angles of the photos aren't exactly the same. Bashed either way, the hat does suit you and as earth tones go that "Whiskey" is a great one.

Ed13

Familiar Face
I also prefer the diamond bash.

My first hat from Art was a Hoosier and I had the same issue with the feeling it made my head look too round. I changed it to a diamond with deeper pinches and now wear it much more often. This alone tells me I did the right thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21