Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turquoise/Native American jewelry

Feraud

Bartender
That's a good looking cuff. I'd wear it.
When I get time I'll update this thread with a few more items from my small collection.

Today I am wearing something similar to this-
41KfBgZVo6L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

That's a good looking cuff. I'd wear it.

I agree. Comfort is an issue when wearing a cuff of good weight. Would be great to be able to try it on first or have return privileges if it doesn't work for you.

I will wear either a watch or a cuff, both on the left wrist. I tend to trend away from symmetry.

Then there are necklaces. I'm drawn to old squash blossom pieces, but haven't found one yet that I would wear. But I do wear and love this Rainbow Yei necklace. It is marked on the back with the hallmark of Ambrose Roanhorse - likely from the 1950s.

roanhorse_necklace2.jpg

roanhorse_necklace1.jpg

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
A few of my Navajo Made Cuffs. My wife's on right and mine on left. My everyday far left weighs 107 grams. Magnificent Seven on in the background. The hat pics did not turn out.

Here is an unusual pendant. I will be searching for the right old necklace or chain to wear this with... this chain is one I had around. Ideas are welcomed.

Pendant in the form of a sacred mountain, made by Kenneth Begay for the White Hogan in Scottsdale, AZ.

kbpendant2.jpg

kbpendant1.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice, Alan. What chain, indeed. Such a subtle focal really needs to be suspended by a material that calls a minimum of attention to itself. I'm thinking dark waxed cotton/hemp string or a simple leather lace.

Thanks Randall... I think your idea of a leather cord is probably going to work out best. I wish I knew how this might have been sold originally. It seems a very personal statement piece by the artist - I bet he had an idea how it should be hung.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Here's a necklace that my niece made for me that utilizes the kind of self-effacing material I have in mind, although it's not leather. It's almost like a boot lace! The effect, though, is to draw the eye to the focal.
imageoxhh.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
As an aside, the ring is the top of a bottle that survived the tumult of the not-so-pacific ocean for an untold number of years. She lives on San Juan Island in the Strait of San Juan De Fuca, and happily collects such glass artifacts year round.

howardeye

Practically Family
Some of my favorite hat pins. The Navajo Overlay Tomahawk is my favorite. I don't know who made it. It has a trademark but no clue. I am saving it for a special hat I do not have yet. The gangster I do not have at the moment but I am getting another made. I have a couple of chains that would look great with your mountain, Alan. You can send it to me to wear! I have never seen anything like that either! In a jam I could use it for a Chinese throwing star if I ever dropped my butterfly knife. Nice pendant.

I learned last night that the mountain the pendant is based on is likely Picacho Peak just north of Tucson.

picacho-peak.jpg

I've decided to polish it up a bit more. Will keep looking for the perfect hanging chain or cord. Have a few ideas in mind. Howard, happy to see your thoughts on it.

thanks!
Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo