Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Toned Hat

Mario

I'll Lock Up
kabuto said:
Matt Deckard has been getting into this look recently. I was fortunate enough to get a peek at the prototype for his upcoming "MD2 Fedora."

mattdeckardmd2.jpg

Photoshopped to death... :D

I bet that hat would actually build up some quite substantial sales figures. :rolleyes:

Feraud

Bartender
rmrdaddy said:
Feraud,
My Dobbs Fifteen I just posted has the exact sweatband pattern with the "Patent Pending" marking right on the forehead portion as well. Neat.
It is cool.
What are they attempting to patent? The fake lizard print?

majormoore

Vendor
I have made several that were green/tan camo hats, and they were tie dyed at the plant.

Each of these type hats either two tone or tie dyed there are people who like them, same in cars, that is why car makers have made colors other than black, everyone likes something differant.

So I will never bad mouth a hat here, because someone may really like the hat he or she has posted and there is no reason to make them feel bad, just because a few may not like it. The best way to drive off members is to bad mouth a hat or a style of a hat.

My two cents worth.

Major Moore

cptjeff

Practically Family
jwalls said:
http://www.xoopit.com/s/20um7cjq58eneqpztb87 As you can see the body maker can make a tie dyed body, David at D bar J made this hat for a local performer.
That's actually quite neat. It would be interesting to have a little stingy in a coloring like that, I could see myself actually wearing it. 2 colors, one dark would probably be the key to keeping it under control.

Someday when I have more money I'll order something like that for the occasional change of pace, and to give the traditionalists a heart attack.

Big, bolder hats in a felt like that would be quite overwhelming, but I wouldn't be shocked if it could be pulled off with a more classic hat shape.

RBH said:
I was at Buckaroo Hatters today and a lady and gentleman came in and ordered a two tone western.
While they may not be for everyone, I know that some do like them.

They should have ordered two. One in the reverse color of the other as a crown of one and a brim of another is sacrificed. Order two and you get the two hats. ;) :p I often wonder why hatters don't make you buy two as you ruin one body if you don't. At least that is the way Knox used to do it back when they made my two toned hat. :D

texashatman

Familiar Face
awest84532 said:
I have one of these Stetson Andover Milans, which I happen to like a lot. It was all over Mexico and back last week and it held up very well.
I really like my Stetson Andover. I get more nice comments on it than any of my other hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80