Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U.S. Authentic (FlightJacket.com) Opinions?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It may have a different zip - for your sake, I hope so. They only started making these overseas within the last few years: there are old-stock US-made ones around.

I could have sworn that when I looked at US-made Alpha MA-1s - standard sage green ones - in a store a few years ago, they had gray plastic zippers.

Oh, and for the record, while I know that this one was made overseas, it doesn't say so anywhere. The spec label (found inside the left outside pocket) only lists Alpha's Knoxville, TN address... but then, it doesn't say "Made in the USA" anywhere either.

I have been told that replacing the zipper on this kind of jacket isn't difficult if you know what you're doing - but I have zero sewing experience, and would never dream of attempting such a thing!

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
US Authentic is garbage! The jacket was ill fitting and the customer service is horrid! Shaul originally suggested I try a 42L, but I felt safer going with a 40L which is what I normally fit into. Even the 40L was blousy and awkward fitting, so I returned it. Three weeks have gone by and I still don't have my refund. When I inquired about it, I was told "it was done two days ago, you need to stop with the bull". I'm absolutely blown away with how someone can stay in business with that kind of attitude and lack of respect. I wouldn't even expect a gas station attendant to say something like that to a customer!!

kowalski

Practically Family
I have A2 USAuth. and I am very pleased with it.
I also read the bad reviews about company Aero and Eastman. I have both and I am also pleased.
I read many good reviews on this jacket I read the bad reviews and took a chance and I am very happy
I'm sorry this is life
regards
ps
here a little opinion;
inter alia Mr Aswatland ;)
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/can-you-show-me-your-us-authentic-a-2s.71898/page-2
and everything in the topic, at least when it comes to model A2 us

http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/flight_jackets/A-2/a2.html

Last edited:

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
There is no way to spend $500 to get thin horsehide from shual, if you get enough money, go to Aero or eastman, if you don't, wait until you have enough money. That's the lesson I learned.

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
Bulshit . It sounds like competitive gibberish marketing company. someone gets jacket incompatible with the expectation . You can not say ; that ;.. everything and whole company.
I have A2 USAuth. and I am very pleased with it.
I also read the bad reviews about company Aero and Eastman. I have both and I am also pleased.
I read many good reviews on this jacket I read the bad reviews and took a chance and I am very happy
I'm sorry this is life
regards
ps
here a little opinion;
inter alia Mr Aswatland ;)
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/can-you-show-me-your-us-authentic-a-2s.71898/page-2
and everything in the topic, at least when it comes to model A2 us

http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/flight_jackets/A-2/a2.html[/QUOTF

No idea what you're trying to say here, sir (quite literally). However, if you're implying that I work for a competing company, you're incorrect. The only thing I'm trying to convey is that, as a paying customer, I've never had a sales person curse at me or insult me the way Shaul did and it boggles my mind that this guy is still in business with an attitude like that. By the way, I STILL don't have my full refund from US Authentic. Glad you enjoy your jacket from them, but I consider their operation sub-par even to K-Mart's standards.

nickgp

New in Town
I am curious what people think about U.S. Authentic (FlightJacket.com). I am especially interested in their customization work, since they claim "Custom jackets and work are one of the main strengths of our company."

Thus far I have only found one post from a satisfied customer about a copy of an Eastman Luftwaffe (alas, no pictures):

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32013-My-New-Luftwaffe-jacket&highlight=luftwaffe

Certainly, their quick production is attractive compared to the months Eastman and Aero take. But I wonder whether the quality is the same or even nearly the same.
I have done business with this company since it opened and it's strength lies not only in custom work and fast response but in all aspects of flight jackets-when you talk to them-THEY LISTEN. Nick LaGrega

Attachments

• IMGA0040.JPG
    IMGA0040.JPG
    555.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGA0042.JPG
    IMGA0042.JPG
    561.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 7d6679eff36b7ba8large.jpg
    7d6679eff36b7ba8large.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads