Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U.S. Wings Indy jacket

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
I ordered one a month ago and was told it "would ship next week" every week for 4 weeks until I found out they wouldn't get any in until the 2nd week of October. I cancelled my order because the service was pretty lousy and deceitful.

Dav

One Too Many
westinghouse said:
I ordered one a month ago and was told it "would ship next week" every week for 4 weeks until I found out they wouldn't get any in until the 2nd week of October. I cancelled my order because the service was pretty lousy and deceitful.

That was pretty much the service I received from them. The day the order was due to arrive they e-mailed me to tell me it wasn't in stock, so I cancelled.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Mine's an "L-Long" in antiqued cow. Got it off eBay a few years back.

Nice build quality, and I appreciate the extra length and light cotton lining. Not nuts about the antiqued finish, but it's a handsome garment, and good in rain or even light snow. Cut a tad close thru the waist, however, as Doc indicated.

Main drawback: the collar won't stay popped. Maybe I'll put a Navy-type latch on someday.

ron521

One of the Regulars

Curious as to which model you ordered?
Was it the Signature Series, the Hero, or the Legend?

Bebop

Practically Family
I have one from about 3 years ago in antique cow hide and it has begun to crack along the front. It also does not drape the way it should. I wear a size 40 normally but after several returns (that they were very hesitant on allowing) I ended up with an extra small. Wasn't very happy with the whole experience.

Photoss

New in Town
I have a large antique cowhide import jacket bought around 5 years ago and it's still going strong. It looks beautiful and drapes perfectly. I'm quite sorry about your guy's bad experiences, I have had no issues communicating with them and they are always quick to reply and helpful.

IMG_6768.jpg

Last edited:

garzo

One of the Regulars
Apparently US Wings has commissioned Schott to manufacture some of their new U.S.-made Indy jackets. They also have overseas factories producing the cheaper imported ones and from what I understand US Wings also makes their own in-house versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart