Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U.S. Wings Indy jacket

indycop

I'll Lock Up
This is my new vintage cowhide Indy jacket from U.S. Wings. The fit is perfect and it is extremely soft and comfortable!

PC250096-1.jpg

PC250098-1.jpg

PC250097-1.jpg

PC250095-1.jpg

Duck

Practically Family
Great Looking Jacket!!!!

Looks greatm IC. :eusa_clap I have a U.S. Wings Indy jacket that I wear all the time and I love it!!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Mine is goat. I wore it in the rain a lot, and left it on the porch awhile. It gets "hung up" in a ball on the closet floor. :)

I *think* that yours (distressed cowhide?) will change color a bit and probably texture as well if you use leather treatment goop, so an out-of-view test run would be a good idea.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
bruce wayne said:
it looks good on ya there, Indycop!!! now you need an Indy styel hat to match it.
i personally cannot wait to recieve my Wested horsehide indy jacket in mail...
I've got a peters bros. indycustom and an Adventurebilt which is being reblocked into the CS style by Steve!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Atticus Finch said:
Here's my Indy. They said it was horsehide when I bought it, but I think I've heard it moo a couple of times. Regardless of what animal died to make it, I've really come to like this jacket.

carolinagame047.jpg

carolinagame050.jpg

Atticus
Beautiful! How long have you had it? Looks brand new!:eusa_clap

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Beautiful! How long have you had it? Looks brand new!:eusa_clap

Hi Indycop,

These photos were taken when it was new, but I've actually had it since sometime this past spring. In spite of the fact that I'm much more of a vintage flight jacket kinda guy, I wore it fairly often this fall, so it is beginning to break in quite nicely now.

Atticus

Technonut

Practically Family
indycop said:
Do you guys treat the leather with anything for protection or just leave it be?

Here are a couple of pics of my USW Vintage Cow after being treated with brown Pecard's months ago... I was going for a distressed look, and think it came out well... ;)

uswingsINDY001.jpg

uswingsINDY004.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Atticus Finch said:
Here's my Indy. They said it was horsehide when I bought it, but I think I've heard it moo a couple of times.
Honestly, most of your leather purveyors do NOT understand the liking for horsehide. From their point of view, it's just like cow only not so durable and way harder to get.

I can understand why USW might fib about cow being horse. Not only would it make a sale, they'd think they were actually doing you a favor!

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fletch said:
Honestly, most of your leather purveyors do NOT understand the liking for horsehide. From their point of view, it's just like cow only not so durable and way harder to get.

I can understand why USW might fib about cow being horse. Not only would it make a sale, they'd think they were actually doing you a favor!

I thought horsehide was more durable than cowhide?

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
Does anyone own the Indiana Jones Style Jacket from U.S. Wings? I tried search, but didn't see anything. I like these jackets more than bomber styles. I don't like the stretchy cuffs or waist, and who doesn't like all things Indy. Altough I will probably never wear with a fedora. Anyway If anyone has this jacket what's the quality, would you buy another? I want a leather jacket that will last.

Anders

One of the Regulars
I've had a VIP cowhide for a couple years now, and I suppose I could recommend it. The leather is very flexible and drapes well, but isn't too thin and has a nice grain. It's worn well, in fact it still looks almost new, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for.

The only issue I have is with this sizing, my jacket is quite large, or at least baggy for its size, and I could easily see buying a size smaller than normal. The fact that they only come in S, M, L is another detractor. Perhaps other owners could detail their experience with sizing.

Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Togs