Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U. S. Wings sale

Duck

Practically Family
Wow!! Got my Indy goat in XL today and I am very pleased with the jacket. The fit looks like it was custom made for me.:eusa_clap
The length of the jacket is perfect and the sleeves even fit my ape arms.
The best part is it has turned jacket weather here again, 37 degrees now with a chance of snow flurries tonight!:D

griffer

Practically Family
Vintage Cow Hide, Large
Coat_Back.jpg

Coat_Front.jpg

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Looks like it was tailor made for you...

I think you hit the ball out of the park with your new jacket.... It looks great on you and I like the Vintage cow....:) :eusa_clap :)

Well, the UPS man dropped it off this evening.
First impressions: Sure am glad I didn't pay regular price. Two snaps -- one on a pocket flap, the other on the collar -- came apart before I got a chance to slip it on for the first time. Harrumph. And then, get this -- the zipper slide is on the left! Something seemed odd when I went to zip it shut to check the fit. It is rather odd. Perhaps it was meant to be a woman's version?
It's not all bad, though. The leather seems all right and the fit of the XL is good enough (an L would have been too short, I bet). So I'll see what I can do to put those snaps back together (they include a spare, sent in one of the pockets) and maybe get my hundred bucks' worth out of it.

After further examination it appears that I will be having words with these comedians. The placket (is that the right word for the flap that covers the zipper?) is on the right. So they did send me a woman's jacket.
I have to remind myself that elevated blood pressure is unhealthy.

EDIT: Measured (but pointed) email sent to U.S. Wings. Didn't even call 'em names. Now let's see if they make things right.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Very European

Some of the items from Euro surplus have the plaquet on the right, drives me crazy. I can never get used to the "unisex" thing I guess.

Duck

Practically Family
tonyb said:
The placket (is that the right word for the flap that covers the zipper?) is on the right. So they did send me a woman's jacket.
I have to remind myself that elevated blood pressure is unhealthy.

EDIT: Measured (but pointed) email sent to U.S. Wings. Didn't even call 'em names. Now let's see if they make things right.

Tonyb, I just looked at mine and the zipper pull is on the right and the flap is on the left, just like it should be. I would give them a call and see about getting this fixed. And yes, it does sound like a women's jacket.

Pleased to report that the good sergeant got back to me today and offered my choice of either a refund in full or a trade for another jacket, along with a little something for my trouble. Can't complain about that.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Sharpe - Michaelson

I understood from the get-go that it would be 7 10 days before shipping since the jackets were at the factory. When you pay 30 cents on the $, you dont expect first class service. When you shop at K-mart you dont get the same service as a fine mens store. You get what you pay for, you pay your money and you take your chances.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I was told that 150 jackets went out on Tuesday, and 106 last night, so they're shoving them out the freight door as fast as they can.;)

Regards! Michaelson

Feraud

Bartender
Michaelson said:
I was told that 150 jackets went out on Tuesday, and 106 last night, so they're shoving them out the freight door as fast as they can.;)

Regards! Michaelson
scotrace, you need to start watching the porch again..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy