Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UGLY TIE CONTEST: $500 PRIZE

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello Gentlemen,

Paul Fredrick, whom we have mentioned anon, is newly sponsoring an UGLY TIE CONTEST. Prize is a fat $500 gift certificate, and even if you hate their (sometimes vintage-inspired) clothes, they do carry e.g. herringbone socks and plaid socks. Alls you need to do is enter a photo. I have already entered the photo of the crippled paisley/amoeba tie that I traded to Baron Kurz a few years ago, but the rest'a you have plenty of ties that the PF folks will consider ugly and it would be a shame for a Lounger to not win this.

http://www.facebook.com/PaulFredric...2.1923520.0.1.0.500924&eid=lorax@berkeley.edu

cptjeff

Practically Family
Dang. I have one at home I picked up for a laugh that would be perfect. It's a woodgrain pattern, and is perhaps the ugliest tie I have ever seen.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Doran said:
. . . I have already entered the photo of the crippled paisley/amoeba tie . . .

Wow, as always, your way with words brings joy to my cynical soul. I simply must see this abomination against taste of which you speak!

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Uuuummm, that's not an Ugly tie. I have ugly ties. They are from a period called "the 70s" and they are made of what I think are refugees from grandparent's sofas all over the world.

fluteplayer07 said:
Can someone post a pic for the non-Facebook user, please?

26522_380717964246_90516069246_3813929_4057720_n.jpg

Not that ugly. Any 70s tie can beat it. :D

Dr Doran

I don't know, I think the winner is pretty fugly. Very 1980s. And yes I prefer the 1980s to the 1970s, but it's ... pretty "gnarly."

Dr Doran

My crippled paisley/amoeba tie is somewhere on the tie thread. Anyone who really wants to see it can go to the "Show us your ties!" thread and try to find my posts on it ... I think I posted less than 10 or so times on that thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner