Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uh, my first attempt at creasing a Fed IV is LAME!

jbucklin

Practically Family
Curl in the back of the brim?

I'v been trying to get more curl in the back of the brim of my Fed IV. It doesn't seem to want to do it! Although it's not a "stingy" brim, it sure is stubborn! [huh]

Curl

Maybe if you snap the brim back upward all the way around; steam it, and work it upward tighter, it may hold better in the back dunno for sure.[huh] Once done, put er on and re-shape the snap brim up front.

jbucklin said:
I'v been trying to get more curl in the back of the brim of my Fed IV. It doesn't seem to want to do it! Although it's not a "stingy" brim, it sure is stubborn! [huh]

jbucklin

Practically Family
I don't know. I think I'm going to just give up. Maybe what makes it so difficult is the dimensional brim. Now it has annoying looking ripples in it.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Ive gotten to the point, with my Fed IV, that I can wear it on Mountain Creek water rides, which I did yesterday. Dont worry about the exact shape of your hat. Time and wear are the best ways to make it look the way you want. Keep wetting and playing with it. This, over time, will make the hat yours.

Years ago, it used to kill me that my hat(s) werent perfectly symmetrical. Now its part of their charm when theyre not. Its all about personality. Nothings more sterile than a hat that looks like it was creased on a machine, imho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats