Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UK members, what are you wearing for the Jubilee

MikeBravo

One Too Many
For those living in a cave, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second is celebrating the 60th anniversary of her ascension to the throne.

So, to my question that was inspired by this post by Dreamofgilgamesh: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?13274-What-are-you-wearing-today/page1807
What are our UK (and Anglophile) members wearing to any celebrations they may be attending?

I have visions of flags strung across narrow streets and tables in the middle of the road.

1844064084.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Yesterday I wore a royal blue 50s dress with mustard golden polka dots, a suede hat andmatching bag and seamed stockings. Almost everyone else turned up in shorts and t-shirts though. Today I was planning on wearing a Horrockses, but the weather is cold and windy, so we're staying in.

William Stratford

A-List Customer
Alas, my family are 400 miles north and I could get back for the party (they had the bunting out and were hoping the rain would not extinguish the barbeque) but I raised a glass of Pimms (and my hat for the National Anthem).

Edited to add: after all of that I forgot to put what I'm wearing. :eusa_doh: I blame the Pimms :D Anyway, keepers tweed hacking jacket to keep the weather out and my trusty but rather battered olive fedora. :)

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I attended a spirited and fun republican protest against the Jubilee on the banks of the Thames today, clad in an early 1950s suit, late 1940s tie, black fedora, black and white co-respondents, khaki covert coat and appropriate placard. No photo as of yet, but I gather I cut quite a dash on the BBC Six O'Clock News. :)

Drappa

One Too Many
I attended a spirited and fun republican protest against the Jubilee on the banks of the Thames today, clad in an early 1950s suit, late 1940s tie, black fedora, black and white co-respondents, khaki covert coat and appropriate placard. No photo as of yet, but I gather I cut quite a dash on the BBC Six O'Clock News. :)
Brilliant! Btw., your photo is in the Daily Mail. Stylish, as always :)

article-0-136D8B29000005DC-488_634x950.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Brilliant! Btw., your photo is in the Daily Mail. Stylish, as always :)

article-0-136D8B29000005DC-488_634x950.jpg

Oh! Thanks! I had quite a few photographers zoned in on me during the protest (I suppose I don't fit the stereotypical look they associated with the movement against the monarchy, and thus am something of a curiosity). I do like that tie on me, actually. :)

Edward

Bartender
Anything waterproof

Heh, ain't that the truth! Knowing the forecast, I reached for an overcoat this morning. I was a little concerned that I'd be too warm in any coat that protected me against the wet, but I need not have worried! This time last week I was in Beijing, where it was 35 Celsius. Quite the contrast, it was like a November day out there today!

Last edited:

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
HA!This time two weeks ago I was in Shanghai ,it was 35 there too! This time next week I shall be in San Antonio ,nice and warm there also ,only England has no summer..

Edward

Bartender
HA!This time two weeks ago I was in Shanghai ,it was 35 there too! This time next week I shall be in San Antonio ,nice and warm there also ,only England has no summer..

I'm not knocking it, usually I spend July and August here lying around dying of the heat! ;)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
What was I wearing? What does it matter .... I should have been wearing was a wetsuit (instead i was just wearing a wet suit).

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Today I am instead of sporting my more usual 1930s attire, I am honouring the occasion by wearing a blue cotton 1950s frock with windmill flowers in navy, orange, white and yellow print, red suede belt and shoes.

Just off out to a fair - hope it doesn't rain!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner