Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering the current European climate what are you wearing?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The weather turns furiously cold ... and my central heating breaks down. It was repaired today but the house hasn't warmed up. Unfortunately I only own one jumper, a rather toasty - but somewhat battered - Royal Navy submariners jumper. I say 'unfortunately' since I came home to discover that my daughter (who also owns no knitwear) is wearing it. So I shall just be cold.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have been wearing my Aero Alpaca lined Cheynne in goat, and my noname B3 for the really cold days.
Put on the 634s´s in October and haven´t taken them off yet.
RedWing engineer boots all winter.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
During the previous week we were down to -12C and for work I was wearing Carhartt lined bib overalls and a Carhartt Artctic lined coat. At home outside I wore Malone plaid wool pants (very warm) and on top I wore a Filson wool mackinaw vest and Woolrich wool Mackinaw, never felt the cold once. Almost forgot topped it all off with a Stormy Kromer wool cap.

Jules

New in Town
Its now minus 6c ,so I can still wear my sheepskin and not be too warm but I find I have to remove my hat more frequently too cool off a little.
Lets see what happens tomorrow ,gonna head out for the whole day with the kids and sledges .

mihai

A-List Customer
Here in Luxembourg it was quite cold until one week ago (lowest around -15 deg Celsius, real feel maybe -20).
I wore the Aero B3 with just a short sleeved T or shirt underneath(it was enough really). For the bottom a pair of rigid Wrangler 13 MWZ (14 + oz, rough, very dense waving, cheap and more durable than other pricier jeans; only downside is that after more wearing, esp seated, their seat starts hanging making your back look... weird). Finally on the feet some usual leather boots with wool socks. For nastier weather I have my North Face (Off chute model) extremely warm. This is the daily outfit for going to work. For spare time occasions when the weather allows (no heavy snow) I have the Grizzly type horse hair-on-hide jacket, Double-H eng boots, some repro jeans: LVCs, Lee Repros, Sugar Canes, old dead-stock Levi's.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
The first week of February was unusually cold here in Italy... siberian winds (buryan) as they told..

it actually snowed in Rome, which is something so unusual to be remembered in songs and popular culture ("la nevicata del '56").
Here in central-northern Italy we had the unheard temperatures of -12, -14 Celsius...

well, I was freezing, I tried to wore a peacoat and it was ok for the upper body but left my legs cold, so I turned to an heavy "loden" overcoat that was perfect in lenght (with many particulars, I noticed, developed by people more experts of cold climates than us italians: lateral "cuts" giving access to trousers' pockets, under-arms ventilation holes etc.)

I also used that US Marine model '47 parka or how is it called; we in Italy called them "eskimos" (it was used by sailors, dock workes and truck drivers here in Italy, than by hippies and leftists, but strangely enough it hadn't any modern day "hipster" resurgence...) it worked amazingly well!

ciao!

Last edited:

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Older photos thou, but as winter comes every year it doesn't change that much.

Yard duty (snow and more snow)
lunta.jpg

I like swedish army clothes because those are quite cheap and really warm.
IMG_2614b.jpg

My favorite jacket
15012011193.jpg

Overcoat is mans best friend :) with suit you can suffer all kind of weathers.
26022010003.jpg

Jules

New in Town
Well l went sledging with the kids in a B3 sheepskin hat and thermals shirt and jeans and got way too warm due to me chasing after the kids.

Hey chrome l like your style ,nice phots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails