Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uncle Kimono

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
John Malkovch inspiring part of a new clothing line from Uncle Kimono.
Sup[posed to be sorta 1950's

What do you think?

http://www.unclekimono.com/

shop-hats.html

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
I dunno about wearing a beret but those sweaters are pretty kosher ^_-. The ties tho are really where this design shines. I LOVE them.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I think that John Malkovich looks great on the site. Some of the copy reads like parody, which is a little disconcerting.

I like the berets, which may seem surprising, but I wear a Basque beret with an overcoat sometimes in the winter, but I pull it back as opposed to the side. This look was big in the 80s in Philly.

Some of the jackets have an interesing Hollywood style fit and lapel, but others had that weird notchless lapel that I didn't care for.

I would like to see more because I respect that they are different, though I wish they were a bit more in keeping with their credo: Rat Pack and Palm Beach and all that. Thanks for posting this.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Hemingway Jones said:
I like the berets, which may seem surprising, but I wear a Basque beret with an overcoat sometimes in the winter, but I pull it back as opposed to the side. This look was big in the 80s in Philly.

Not saying I dislike a beret, far from it. I just cant pull one off hehehe

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
McPeppers said:
Not saying I dislike a beret, far from it. I just cant pull one off hehehe
I wasn't saying that you were. We were posting at the same time. I didn't even read your post until after I posted mine. It does look like I was responding to yours, but I wasn't. ;)
Give it a try sometime: long overcoat and a beret pulled back. Or try a tweed jacket and a beret. It's very Hemingway circa 1930s.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I agree that Malkovich does look good although I'm not too crazy about what I saw there. Those collars that look kind of like a reverse peaked lapel are a bit odd and $935 for a 'navy' peacoat is awfully high.

The beret with a long coat is a nice look. I did that in the late 80s when I was living in Boston although I don't know if it was a popular look (I was in art school where the most popular look was and still is black with more black.:p )

Thanks for the link Matt-it's good to see what's new even if I wouldn't buy it or couldn't afford it.

Bespoke

New in Town
Now, there's a cat that needs a lid (Malkovich)

Some interesting ideas, but, overall, his clothing line doesn't spike my temp in the right direction.
But speaking of lids... Having just joined the Fedora Lounge fray, I was wondering what type (brand/model) of hat Matt Deckard donning in his avatar? It reminds me of one my father used to wear many years ago.
Mr. Deckard?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR