Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

MariantheLibrarian

Familiar Face
I didn't like No Country for Old Men, or There Will Be Blood, or The Road. I know they're supposed to be the most brilliant things EVER, but I found them all grim, depressing, and disheartening.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I disagree. I find Nic Cage endearingly barmy. He's responsible for some outright stinkers, alright, a LOT of stinkers (The Wicker Man counts for a lot on it's own), but at least he's unpredictable in the way that Nicholson, Connery and lately, De Niro, seldom are. He's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!
At least he's entertaining!

I disagree. I find Nic Cage endearingly barmy. He's responsible for some outright stinkers, alright, a LOT of stinkers (The Wicker Man counts for a lot on it's own), but at least he's unpredictable in the way that Nicholson, Connery and lately, De Niro, seldom are. He's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!

Wow! Putting Sean Connery and DeNiro in the same context as Nick Cage is a real stretch.:eek: If Nick lived to be 1,000 he might actually get to near where they are. :p
He is like a box of chocolates in the sense that you never know which toupee his going to wear next. lol :p

CharlieB

A-List Customer
Wow! Putting Sean Connery and DeNiro in the same context as Nick Cage is a real stretch.:eek: If Nick lived to be 1,000 he might actually get to near where they are. :p
He is like a box of chocolates in the sense that you never know which toupee his going to wear next. lol :p

Like many actors lately, he is good at one thing: plying himself. If the character is too much of a stretch, forget it!

rue

I agree. I liked him in Peggy Sue Got Married, Raising Arizona, Moonstruck and Wild at Heart.

Ok, did I mention that I find Love Story a complete waste of time and a sappy bunch of nonsense?
I also dislike all those fruity Interview with a Vampire movies as well.

I've never actually watched Love Story, I've only seen bits and pieces, but I always thought Ali McGraw was unattractive.

Interview with a Vamipre was campy, but I liked the books.

I agree. I liked him in Peggy Sue Got Married, Raising Arizona, Moonstruck and Wild at Heart.

I've never actually watched Love Story, I've only seen bits and pieces, but I always thought Ali McGraw was unattractive.

Interview with a Vamipre was campy, but I liked the books.

Good call. Ali McGraw is unattractive. :eek:
The books can be pretty fruity in some places as well. :eek::p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda