Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusual Aero Label please help me date it?

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I can't be 100% certain but I would put it between 1983 and 1985. It predates a Satin label with a globe and Scroll that we used prior to our now familiar Car, Bike and Plane colour label.
I will speak to my father in the morning and try and get a more precise time.
I will also if I get time try and create a photographic time line showing some of our various labels over the years.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
"It predates a Satin label with a globe and Scroll that we used prior to our now familiar Car, Bike and Plane colour label."
Just a question on your "standard" labels. Would the car on your label be an MG? My father asked, he has a '50 MG TD still all apart in his garage.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I can't be 100% certain but I would put it between 1983 and 1985. It predates a Satin label with a globe and Scroll that we used prior to our now familiar Car, Bike and Plane colour label.
I will speak to my father in the morning and try and get a more precise time.
I will also if I get time try and create a photographic time line showing some of our various labels over the years.

I encourage you to document as much as you can. The labels would be hugely interesting to many folks. I'm always on the look out for a vintage Aero. The label pictured above really pics my interest. You make and have made many desirable jackets. You have a history, capture it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21