Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusual request--need help finding an illustration

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I am looking for a vintage, art nouveau or art deco illustration of a sunflower (or sunflowers) that I can use for my friend's wedding invitations. I cannot find anything suitable--I'm envisioning an elegant, simple illustration, with a similar feel/look to these:
http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--10106492/Royal_Rose.htm?
http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD-...ID=15331&ui=7394BCA011D64A64BC0FD22DE1208871#

I need something free or that I can purchase for a small fee--does anyone know where I might find something like this? Is anyone here artistically inclined? I'd be happy to pay for your talents and time!

Thanks for your help!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Have you tried Dover?

Dover Publications puts out clip-art books ( some with CD ROMs ) that are very useful. They have many flower clip-art books and lots of Golden Age illustrations. Check a local art store or bookstore to see if they have one that would help.

The Wolf

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Try this. You might be able to print it out and then enlarge it on a copier machine.
There are 5 pages of sunflowers, so you will have to click through to each page.

I kinda like this one:
j0280478.gif

D

Deleted member 259

I found what seems to be exactly what you're looking for, but I can't get it to save to my photobucket account.
Go to google.com/images and type in sunflowers nouveau
It should come up with two pages, but only one image (nearly the first one) is what you're looking for.
I know this seems a little involved, but this was very close to the example images you posted. Hope it helps.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I must apologize--I didn’t realize anyone had replied to my post until this morning. I no longer have computer access at home (long story), and had forgotten to check on my question until just now!

Anyway, thanks so much for the suggestions and leads. I need to sit down with my friend this week and see what she thinks (I have a vision for these invites, but it is her wedding! :) ) before I go wild with creativity!

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy