Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Wings Sale and Sizing

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
As some of you may know, US Wings is having a fantastic sale with all sorts of fine leather jackets on sale for $79.95...

http://www.uswings.com/factory2nds.asp

I ordered a vintage cowhide A-2 in a large. I normally wear a 40 to a 42 and was assured by US Wings I should order the large, but everyone over at Indygear says that the Indy jackets run quite large.

Does anyone have experience with these jackets and how they fit?

Thanks, KC

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
5 Stars....

I wear a size 48 and I ordered a XL in Vintage cowhide and mine fits like it was made for me. I could not be any happier...Excellent jacket and customer service. My jacket had zero flaws.

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
SHARPETOYS said:
I wear a size 48 and I ordered a XL in Vintage cowhide and mine fits like it was made for me. I could not be any happier...Excellent jacket and customer service. My jacket had zero flaws.

Thanks, Sharpetoys. Sounds like a large will be good for me then. I've ordered the same jacket and I'm glad you like yours. Sounds like $80 is a pretty good deal

Must be kinda hot to wear in Florida, though...KC

Michaelson

One Too Many
I wear between a 42 and 44, and the large fits me perfectly.

It may be a bit wide in the shoulders, but if you went with a medium to clear that up, you'll find the sleeves short.

I think you'll be pleased.

Regards! Michaelson

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Still Waiting to be pleased

The wait continues. I am hoping my XL fits and is as good as yours Michaelson!!!! I'm suffering separation anxiety and I dont even have it yet.

Bebop

Practically Family
I think they do run large. I ordered a 40 Indy goat jacket and they assured me I would get a 40 and yesterday I recieved a M. Not quite a 40 on my body. It fits rather large and long so I called them and they told me M is a 38-40 and S is a 36. 36 being too small, I will keep this largeish 40 and wear it with a sweater in winter. When I told the girl I spoke with that the M was large for a 40 her response, which I think was funny, was "maybe the best thing you can do is eat your Wheaties". lol They are ok jackets. I would not pay more than the $79 sale price because of the workmanship (sloppy stitching). I would be unhappy if I had paid full price.

Bebop

Practically Family
SHARPETOYS said:
My jackets stitching was perfect....I feel I got a $300 jacket for $80.00 :)

Congratulations. There is nothing like a happy customer.:) Maybe I just happened to draw the wrong card.[huh] I know Wings is not a bad company at all. Not only is the stitching sloppy on mine but the right handwarmer pocket is coming undone at the top and there seems to be more material on the left shoulder than there is on the right.

Duck

Practically Family
No Flaws here, either!

I wear a 46L and I ordered a XL Indy goatskin. The coat is perfect!! Fits like it was made to my measurements and no flaws at all. I am very pleased with the jacket and feel like I got a heck of a deal!!!!!!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Bebop said:
I think they do run large. I ordered a 40 Indy goat jacket and they assured me I would get a 40 and yesterday I recieved a M. Not quite a 40 on my body. It fits rather large and long so I called them and they told me M is a 38-40 and S is a 36. 36 being too small, I will keep this largeish 40 and wear it with a sweater in winter. When I told the girl I spoke with that the M was large for a 40 her response, which I think was funny, was "maybe the best thing you can do is eat your Wheaties". lol They are ok jackets. I would not pay more than the $79 sale price because of the workmanship (sloppy stitching). I would be unhappy if I had paid full price.

I would call Sgt. Hack and tell him about your jacket... Tell him you are from COW and The Fedora Lounge. I bet he will help with your postage and send you another corrected jacket. If you are not happy you will not wear it...

Bebop

Practically Family
I called them today and they will exchange it. I will see how the small antique lamb fits. I did not speak with SGT. Hack but the girl I spoke with had no idea what C.O.W. or The Fedora Lounge was. I didn't push it and don't mind eating the return shipping. I just want to get a jacket that makes me as happy a customer as the rest of you.:)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A post from COW....

Here's David's reply regarding returns:

Quote:
Please post!! Fans yes.. Others No!!!
Just speak to me!!
Sgt. Hack

So, talk to David Hack directly regarding returns. He'll take care of us. Let him know you're connected to Indygear.com.

Regards! Michaelson

ideaguy

One Too Many
I talked with David Hack on the phone 5ish today; his call on sizing is -on
an Indy Jacket, I should get an XL- I'm 5'10, 190lbs, no gut; he was pretty adamant about sizing and quality...the original company that bought the jackets over 6 years ago was SOHO; they also made Avirex jackets for over 30 yrs.
Mr. Hack said that the original cost to him was $135., and they've been sitting in his warehouse for 6 yrs...this is verbatim from David Hack.
U.S.Wings is also in negotiations with Lucasfilms to supply them with all the
jackets needed for the upcoming film. Long story short-he's really strong on
the jackets, said that all sizes are available, said that they're top-quality-and wonders if everybody out there examines their jackets with a magnifying glass...

I have been following all this on the Lounge for a while, courtesty of Michaelson, and I'm going to call tomorrow AM and order an Indy Goatskin. When you've got 9 leather jackets, what's one more? Like hats,yes?[huh]

Michaelson

One Too Many
Definitely talk directly to David regarding orders and any problems. He's taking care of us himself.

Regards! Michaelson

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
A2 FINALLY REPORTED FOR DUTY

Well, all in all, I can't believe I picked up an A2 for 80 bucks + Shpg + Free Ball Cap + free book about Hack. My Review: I thought I was getting a factory second Signature Series - Not- I have a made in China model. That said, I find no faults with any of the construction and quality of leather. One exception I did note was that it was missing the wire clasp closure at the top. I never used it anyway, but..........bottom line: You cant complain about a jacket of this type for 80 bucks. I am happy,,,and wearing it today.

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Just one for size comparison

Here are the sizes for the small A-2 goat I received. I feel the sleeves are too baggy and it runs big for a size small.

Oh, and the floor of my studio has seen better days.

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Did you just get this jacket from US Wings? In the UK?

I had it sent to a friend in the US and he re-routed it to me in the UK. (Joint shipping about $55, beats the $160 they were going to charge me). I did get in very early on the deal.

Fletch said:
Yikes. That S measures more like what I'd want in an L.
And what's with the storm flap?

My bad, I wasn't very careful laying it out, it has a correct storm flap. The zipper is a bit scratchy. It is a YKK but doesn't seem as high grade or polished as some I've had. The goat is very nice though shame I'm going to have to ebay it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot