Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USAAF Officer shoes

Marv

A-List Customer
Quick question regarding USAAF officer shoes......were they actually shoes or more like the chukka boot style, also anybody know of any repro makers (UK if poss) or where any "close enoughs" can be obtained from.

Eyemo

Practically Family
There was the regulation army shoe for officers, which I have a couple of original pairs of if you wanted to see... But due to their rank, private purchase of a variation in styles (including the very popular strap and buckle type) was very common. I've seen many photographs of USAAF Guys wearing British boots too...

Hope this helps.:)

Marv

A-List Customer
thanks for the responses guys..............

Edward: checked out both of those site and nothing doing I'm afraid.

Eyemo: yeh if you could post your pics that would be great.

Eyemo

Practically Family
I'm away from my collection this weekend, but will definetly be able to post images in a week or so. If you can't wait Check out the "GEAR UP" book. Some pictures of the same kind of shoe in there..:)

Mike K.

One Too Many
The oxford shoes were meant primarily for the Class A dress uniform, and were used primarily for such. The service shoes were the ankle high boots and were more commonly worn with the Class C uniform and other daily work wear; they were often used by airmen as flight gear.

Very good repros can be had at a good price from What Price Glory.

Marv

A-List Customer
thanks again guys for your help........

Mike K: got any pics of the Class C service shoes/boots as I currently wear a pair of dark brown roughout boots with my pinks and A2 which look ok but not sure if they are the correct attire though.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Officer dress shoes:
[What Price Glory]
Russet_Officer_Shoes.jpg

Type 1 service shoes (garrison shoes):
[WWII Impressions]
200136profile.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member