Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Used/ broken in Goodwears- Anyone got pics?

53Effie

A-List Customer
Here's more.
649a49c4084e3d88e47fb7296b4dee24_zpsd5f163cb.jpg

I wish you guys would take better care of your jackets - that worn in look is really bothering me. How could you spend that much and let it go to hell like that? lol
Superb samples. No doubt the hide deliveries in WA are going up...

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Here are three more from today's same iphone photo session with the Bronco:

1713_2904192542104_1747875691_n.jpg

580563_2904193182120_1451477398_n.jpg

559860_2904193862137_529570481_n.jpg

Like I mentioned, this jacket was made for me in September of 2010.

- Ian

EmergencyIan

Practically Family

53Effie

A-List Customer
If memory serves me right, I think I received mine in July or August 2009. I really haven't worn it all that much. It is just really nice leather, I think.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Had a couple of enquiries as to how my Ventura fits so here some pics taken the other day, one with the jacket open and two zipped up. My gut feeling has always been it's a size too small, which is why I was thinking of letting it go, but I'd appreciate any opinions. The tough thing for me is the current rate of the pound against the dollar, I just couldn't justify the cost of a new one (around £1,200 with VAT, shipping and costs) so it could be the last Ventura I ever own :(

Ventura30monthsold_frontopen_zpsbc18053b.jpg

Ventura30monthsold_frontzipped_zpsd4af32e5.jpg

Ventura30monthsold_backzipped_zps23fa5bb4.jpg

@ Coop. That's beautiful. No joke. IMHO, it fits like the one I sent back - that is, about 1" short. BUT...that said, the color and your other gear make it look really good - retro even. Dunno, it's really really close. If you don't feel good, that's one thing, but from here, it does look good. I wouldn't blame you either way, and you could likely recoup most of your money towards a new one if you really wanted to?

Cooperson

One Too Many
Butte - It's real tough one mate, I love the thing but zipped up it's like a glove. It is wearable when it's open, which is why I've hung onto it - the price of a new one is just a killer!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
For what it's worth, I think the jacket looks pretty damn good on you. That said, list it for sale at a good price if your not comfortable in it, knowing that you have no pressure to move it on as it fits you well enough.

Butte - It's real tough one mate, I love the thing but zipped up it's like a glove. It is wearable when it's open, which is why I've hung onto it - the price of a new one is just a killer!
Do you zip it much? Are you post-holiday 10 lbs heavy like me? :)I think with the GW wait, and new prices, you could sell 'er good and fast and then save for the new one. But if you kept it, gave up Shepherd's pie and Titanic Wreckage for a month or so, you'll be fine lol

And that was NOT to imply you're fat!!! But I know I can move ±10 pounds without blinking an eye - and it makes a difference in the belt region lol

OMG Cooperson, that jacket is beautiful!!!!
Open it looks fine. Zipped seems ok too, but what really matters is how YOU feel in it....

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Great looking jacket, but I agree it looks too tight when zipped. You look like a fairly slim guy (no gut), so it might not be realistic to think you're going to drop much weight.

Beautiful jacket, though. Lovely color and a classic style.

How does it feel Coop? Is it comfortable or are you overlooking it 'cause it's so nice (and expensive)? That's what matters. What about a wife or other mate? What do they think? I appreciate my family because they're honest :)

pauleway

Practically Family
Had a couple of enquiries as to how my Ventura fits so here some pics taken the other day, one with the jacket open and two zipped up. My gut feeling has always been it's a size too small, which is why I was thinking of letting it go, but I'd appreciate any opinions. The tough thing for me is the current rate of the pound against the dollar, I just couldn't justify the cost of a new one (around £1,200 with VAT, shipping and costs) so it could be the last Ventura I ever own :(

Ventura30monthsold_frontopen_zpsbc18053b.jpg

Ventura30monthsold_frontzipped_zpsd4af32e5.jpg

Ventura30monthsold_backzipped_zps23fa5bb4.jpg

Jacket fit looks good to me. To me you should at least be able to wear a sweater under it and if you don't feel comfortable in it - you will never be satisfied. The good thing is, if you do decide to sell it, it will be a quick and easy sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran