Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Used/ broken in Goodwears- Anyone got pics?

Cooperson

One Too Many
How does it feel Coop? Is it comfortable or are you overlooking it 'cause it's so nice (and expensive)? That's what matters. What about a wife or other mate? What do they think? I appreciate my family because they're honest :)

How does it feel? If i'm honest, it feels restrictive and wearing a sweater under it is impossible. The fact that I haven't worn it much should've told me, but you're right I overlooked it because I know the current price and wait time really rules out a new one. I am still carrying a bit of extra winter weight, it's true, but as Grayland said I won't drop enough to make a big difference to the fit.

My wife says it looks fine for a jacket of that style, she's very diplomatic! It's a tough decision, which is why I've put it off for so long.

Edward

Bartender
How does it feel? If i'm honest, it feels restrictive and wearing a sweater under it is impossible. The fact that I haven't worn it much should've told me, but you're right I overlooked it because I know the current price and wait time really rules out a new one. I am still carrying a bit of extra winter weight, it's true, but as Grayland said I won't drop enough to make a big difference to the fit.

My wife says it looks fine for a jacket of that style, she's very diplomatic! It's a tough decision, which is why I've put it off for so long.

I think it looks superb. I suppose it depends what you want, but a jacket like this never looks right to me when oversized sufficiently to accommodate a sweater. My leathers I buy to fit over a shirt and maybe a waistcoat - that's how a short leather jacket of this type looks best to my eye. Basically worn over whatever you might normally wear a blazer. I've worn a sweater under my Highwayman - the boxier fit works fine with tat, but I wouldn't really want to under a halfbelt.

pauleway

Practically Family
If only, the straps are flat out :-(

A jacket like that should be your "Go To" jacket. It is a beautiful piece of leather, but if it doesn't fit right, you will not really wear it much. It's what my brother calls a "Guilt Wear".But as I stated before, it will sell quickly and you should easily get your asking price. I'd bet if you put it in the classifieds on the FL it will be sold within the day!

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I know the current price and wait time really rules out a new one.

I personally don't think it "looks" tight (I think it looks short but that's because I prefer a longer jacket) but if it feels tight it should go. And while I can't do anything about JC's waiting time - he apparently has about 150 orders in the pipeline (with my order, make that 151 - thanks a lot Butte! :)) - I'd suggest that you could sell this one and the vintage halfbelt that you posted in the patina thread (I'm interested ...) and probably have close to JC's new asking price. Just saying...

If it's uncomfortable, then it's not good. If it's aesthetics you're worried about, as most have said, it looks great.
I know JC told me Horsehide ordered one yesterday, so you best get in line if you want to replace it! :)
<br>
<br>

Here's some pics of a GW 1755 Dubow after some wear. Same hide as the Ventura I have on the way, for reference.
<br>
<br>

pocket_flap.jpg

<br>
<br>

pocket.jpg

<br>
<br>

epaulet.jpg

<br>
<br>

collar_detail1.jpg

<br>
<br>

collar.jpg

<br>
<br>

Cooperson, If the fit is keeping you from wearing and enjoying the jacket, make space for one you do enjoy- unless you have a display case that needs filling. I know I'm an echo here, but it seems that there are already people ready to pounce on it should you sell.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Butte - the hide on that Dubow is stunning, the depth of color, the grain, everything. If your Ventura is made from the same stuff as that it's going to be very special!

Horsehide - I would let the Ventura and the vintage half belt go, if I got a fair price, but they are both a vintage fit and feel like a 38", which would probably rule a lot of people out.

Butte - the hide on that Dubow is stunning, the depth of color, the grain, everything. If your Ventura is made from the same stuff as that it's going to be very special!Horsehide - I would let the Ventura and the vintage half belt go, if I got a fair price, but they are both a vintage fit and feel like a 38", which would probably rule a lot of people out.
Coop. That's close to my sons size. PM me if you have a price. I'll show him pics and see if he's interested.

D

Deleted member 16736

Doesn't anybody have a goatskin Goodwear to show?

wild_balls

Practically Family
There are something special about Goodwear hides! I have never seen one for real, but only by looking at the pictures you can almost feel the hide!
Does he only use japanese hide?

Cheers Joakim

Cooperson-
You've inspired me as I'm in the exact same boat with one of my jackets. Fits great everywhere but it's too snug when zipped because it tapers to 19" at the waist...I'm going to put mine up for sale as well...
Good luck passing yours along. It's a beauty.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Cooperson-
You've inspired me as I'm in the exact same boat with one of my jackets. Fits great everywhere but it's too snug when zipped because it tapers to 19" at the waist...I'm going to put mine up for sale as well...
Good luck passing yours along. It's a beauty.

mike - my jacket found a new home very quickly and I really hope the guy loves it as much as I did. If I have any advice at all, I would say present your jacket as well as you possibly can - great photos in natural light is they way to go. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran