Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

using the coat hook strap on the A2 ok?

Adak

New in Town
does anyone here use the coat hook strap on the A2 jacket? i have a horsehide A2 jacket and I am afraid if I use the strap much it will stretch out the leather in that area. are my concerns valid?

majormajor

One Too Many
I keep my A2s on nice shaped hangers.

If I take one of in a hurry, I simply throw it on a chair.

NEVER on the coat hook strap:D;)

wdw

One Too Many
Usually when out for a meal I have to stop the waiters from kindly hanging up my jacket and then they just look bemused as I roll it up and shove it under the table.

This is a question that in reality comes around to what do you want to do with your jacket.

If you want it to be in pristine shape for decades then don't wear it have it hermetically sealled in a chamber of inert gases.

If you want to use it but not have anything to happen to it you have to carry a proper hanger with at all times or lock it in your car when you go anywears.

If you want it to be authentic, the questions is do you treat your A2 the same way that pilots treated it in WWII?

For me the concept is like a new car or truck when it is new I will baby it a bit, but at some point in the real world it gonna get its first scratch ding or dent after that it becomes a real car or truck made for daily use and withstanding the challenges that comes with it.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Rule one of leather jackets: The more beat up they are, the better they look.

Or to put it another way, don't worry so much. If you want to use the hanger then do so.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
It's fair to assume that if you were going to get in a plane and maybe not come back, you'd have a different take on stuff like that. To me, the hanging strap represents that mindset.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran