Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentine's Day Plans

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Acutally, my boyfriend and I are going to do just that! We are going to go to an arboretum and I'm gonna bring the picnic. He's on the Nutrisystem diet right now, so I'm just going to make some really yummy salad and a dessert I got from the Magnolia Bakery Cook Book (banana pudding with Nilla wafers). I'm psyched!

G

GoldLeaf

DH and I don't celebrate Valentines Day really. We celebrate the day that we met eachother, which is March 3, so we would really rather spend the money on that :) But this year we are going to a friends for a "drinks and dessert" party - each person brings their favorite spirits and sweets to share. Should be fun :)

We haven't made plans yet for our "meet-iversary". Its usually a nice dinner because we both enjoy dressing to the nines. That is after a morning of lounging in bed. We try to find something goofy to do during the day that makes us laugh until we cry, because that is a true reflection of who we are and what our relationship is. lol

Naama

Practically Family
I'll be probably at home , maybe in front of the tv? lol
Ah, valentines Day suck! I hate love and romantic anyway! Who needs something like that anyway?

(don't take me too serious, I'm just in despair....)

Naama

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Valentines Day is no big deal over here and since it´s quiet a celebrating time until now (December: X-Mas, January: My birthday + my sweeties birthday, February Valentines Day) there won´t be much more than a extra-nice dinner made by me :) We didn´t even know what to give each other for birthday so short after X-MAs so we skipped that in favour of going out.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I'm in a long-distance relationship (*sigh*) so we're just sending each other packages in the mail, old-fashioned style, with scented hand-written letters and such. I'm also still in school, so getting anywhere in the middle of the week is next to impossible.

That sounded depressing. :p

Barbigirl

Practically Family
~plans

We are driving up to Whistler BC on Tues, ski on Valentine's Day and home on Thurs. Should be fun, I have not been up to Whistler yet and I haven't skiied in 16 years!!!!

Hopefully it will be like riding a bike.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Valentine's Day is such a sticky wicket!

I use it as an excuse to make an extra fancy dinner for my sweetie. And wear something extra saucy to serve it.

But I did have all of these ideas of what I wanted to do. I was going to have my sweetie pick me up at work and then we would go to this monthly after-hours event at the local aquarium where you can have drinks with the fishies and then go to a fancy dinner out.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The Mister bought us tickets to go and see Buddy (the musical about Buddy Holly). I'm making a new circle skirt for the occasion.

I'm going to make him a buttermilk chess pie as his present. (He's been asking for me to make him one since I found a recipe for it at Christmas.)

Amelie

A-List Customer
the only thing I have that's planned on that day is.... an exam:eusa_doh:

I can always dream that I'll receive something from Belgium but... well it's a dream and it won't happen lol

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
We will probably end up celebrating the day before Valentine's Day, as my boyfriend doesn't like crowds of people, and he won't really be home much on Valentine's Day.

We will go out to see the musical RENT, but other than that, I don't know the plans. I am making some homemade sweets :D

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Babydoll said:
The Mister bought us tickets to go and see Buddy (the musical about Buddy Holly). I'm making a new circle skirt for the occasion.

I'm going to make him a buttermilk chess pie as his present. (He's been asking for me to make him one since I found a recipe for it at Christmas.)

I was going to make a Chocolate Chess Pie for my boyfriend....mmmmm!

But he just said he wants to do Atkin's :eusa_doh:

So I guess I just make a meat and cheese tray instead!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barbigirl said:
We are driving up to Whistler BC on Tues, ski on Valentine's Day and home on Thurs. Should be fun, I have not been up to Whistler yet and I haven't skiied in 16 years!!!!

Barbie, that sounds fantastic. Whistler is an incredible mountain, although I haven't been there in quite some time. What I do know is that the snow is always perfect, the place has great summer skiing (that's when I would go), so I'd imagine that the winter snow is incredible. Also, with such thick and powdery snow, it's much easier to stay in control, so it's great for someone who hasn't skied in a while.
Enjoy, and let us know how it goes:)

Emmababy said:
crying alone at home and eating and crying more

EDIT - and drinking my weight in gin

Now that's my kind of Valentine's Day!! Too bad we don't live near each other. A girls night in with sappy movies, crying, gin, crying, more gin, that would be the perfect way to spend this Follyday (Folly+Day=Follyday which is my word for Valentine's Day, for it's not a real holiday!!:))

I know that Valentine's day is supposed to be a day for couples but I was brought up to believe that you should give Valentines to your friends as well. It's a day to let the people you care about know that you're thinking of them. It's about love for all the people in your lives, friends, family, significant other. So, all you gals out there who are hating Valentine's Day as much as me, I'll be your Valentine:)

I just realized that I have a first date the day after Valentine's. If things work out with him, I'll have to wait a whole entire year to celebrate Valentines with him. Which basically means that I probably won't be celebrating Valentine's with him ever knowing my luck lol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Barbigirl said:

Well y'all have picked a good time for it, we've been getting snowed on all week on this side of Canada, so you should definitely be getting some good skiing in.

Daisy I love Follydaylol hilarious, I've been reffering to it as SAD, single's awareness daylol

I don't drink gin, but I'll join you and Emmababy in spirit, with red wine, choclate, sappy movies, and tissues :)

Novella

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I know that Valentine's day is supposed to be a day for couples but I was brought up to believe that you should give Valentines to your friends as well. It's a day to let the people you care about know that you're thinking of them. It's about love for all the people in your lives, friends, family, significant other.

I've always had that attitude towards Valentine's day too. I think it's funny that people get so worked up over it (in either direction). I don't have a Valentine, but I'll live. I use Valentine's as another excuse to eat candy (like I needed one!).

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CanadaDoll said:
Daisy I love Follydaylol hilarious, I've been reffering to it as SAD, single's awareness daylol

I don't drink gin, but I'll join you and Emmababy in spirit, with red wine, choclate, sappy movies, and tissues :)

Your nickname for the day is great!!lol

I can't believe I forgot to mention chocolate!! A girls night in must include chocolate. Since it is a SAD day, it would be OK to indulge in extra sweets. I'm thinking cupcakes, cookies, cake, more chocolate, none of which is allowed to be in the shape of a heart, cupid, an arrow, or any other symbol of love! No pink and red sprinkles, conversation hearts, red hot hearts (although they are quite yummy!), or boxes of chocolates in lovey-dovey shapes!!
No, I'm not anti-valentines day! Not at all!!lol

As for drinks Champagne cocktails, just like a vintage woman would have drank!

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Me and and some of my girlfriends are going to really live it up! We are going to rent a large suite at the Ritz in SF, have spa treatments/mani/pedis and wake up in the morning and hit Union Sqaure for some major shopping!

The guy I am stuck on lives in LA, and is currently on the east coast taping a show :( ( He's not famous, just a host on a cable TV show)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy