Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentines Day?

Lear

One of the Regulars
sixties.nut said:
Hey dude, we felt bad for you, so we all got together and chipped in to get you a 'rent a date' . Little word of caution, we only came up with a total of 5.49. So ACT surprised went she comes calling for you. Oh yeah, SMILE a lot, or at least try to to smile a lot ! Goes by the name of Sugar ! Enjoy.

Yer pals at the Lounge!:D :D :D

Oh cruel world!

I have to go now, the tears are wetting the electrical contacts on my laptop. I can take alone, but not electrocuted and alone.

You all run along now, and have a romantic time. Don't worry about me...

Lear

BoPeep

Practically Family
Wow, not until the last post on the 3rd page did someone - JimWagner - actually admit to enjoying Valentines' Day. ???? People . . . the day is upon us . . . so how depressed are you all now? Scowling whenever you see a Hershey's ad on tv? Seriously, we all know it's cheesy and overdone, and yes, we can all expect kisses 365 days a year, but is it that bad to have someone buy you roses? I've been married 11 years and it's still nice to be adored, if only in that moment of cracking the pink Hallmark envelope. I suspect there are quite a few more folks out there who aren't wearing black and breaking Cupid's arrows. Sadly, they don't get heard in the cacophony of bitterness.

I'll just go smell my roses now and frost that heart-shaped cake I made for my family. . .

Staredge

One of the Regulars
BoPeep said:
Wow, not until the last post on the 3rd page did someone - JimWagner - actually admit to enjoying Valentines' Day. ???? People . . . the day is upon us . . . so how depressed are you all now? Scowling whenever you see a Hershey's ad on tv? Seriously, we all know it's cheesy and overdone, and yes, we can all expect kisses 365 days a year, but is it that bad to have someone buy you roses? I've been married 11 years and it's still nice to be adored, if only in that moment of cracking the pink Hallmark envelope. I suspect there are quite a few more folks out there who aren't wearing black and breaking Cupid's arrows. Sadly, they don't get heard in the cacophony of bitterness.

I'll just go smell my roses now and frost that heart-shaped cake I made for my family. . .

lol Actually, it's not quite that bad for me. I'll buy candy hearts for my kids as always....I haven't gotten anything for Valentine's Day for years, although my STBX wife always got a little something. I've actually met someone I'd like to get to know better, so my head is a little more accepting of it than I was, say, a month ago. I'm very much a proponent of little things throughout the year....I still like doing something a little special that day.

Hopefully NEXT year I'll be on the non-grouchy side of the discussion!!!!! :D

JimWagner

Practically Family
And we're back from a very nice dinner celebrating Valentine's Day one day early. And we'll do it again next Valentine's Day :D

OK, and quite often throughout the year too. See, no one says you have to only do this sort of thing on Valentine's. Or that you need Hallmark's assistance.

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
Paisley said:
:eek: Better to renew the memory of why you broke up.
:rolleyes: YEah I thought about renewing then I took "Paisleys" (motherly) advice! this is EXACTLY to the tone of what my mom would have said!:eusa_doh: it made me chuckle!lol
better the devil you don't know than the devil you do!:p ;)

:eek: So typical since I've been here in Hades of the high desert! I'm alone once agin for the 5th year but it's ok! it's all about to change in about 16 weeks!this "tour of duty" will be finished up & tied with a pretty little bow to give me back my life!I's shipping out!returning back home!Finishing up the EMT semestar program going to get my State Cert then shoving off!like the sailor for the far east!
happy happy!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Edward

Bartender
BoPeep said:
Sadly, they don't get heard in the cacophony of bitterness.

I don't see any serious bitterness myself, simply a lot of folks who just don't buy into a popular tradition. [huh]

Foofoogal

Banned
A young soldier, of two years’ standing in the armies of the Republic, is desirous of conducting a correspondence with some American lady, not over 24 years of age, with the view that it may lead to a mutual desire to become personally acquainted — that such acquaintanceship may ripen into love, and, by the consummation of our affection, two lives be blended into one; or, in the plain King’s English, I am quite anxious to marry.... None but those who are sincerely disposed to look this matter “square in the face” need reply. In regard to his personal appearance, qualifications and character, the advertiser prefers to say nothing — a carte de visite, the contemplated correspondence and the future will disclose all that is necessary or desirable to be known on the subject.... Address Charles P. Hanover, First New York Mounted Rifles, Suffolk, Va.
-----------
this from the Victorian personal ads on the other thread. lol

Look it "square in the face"

Just messing with all you non-Valentines Day people.

Happy Valentines Day to all.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
I'll be having a new little sweetheart. My due date is Valentine's Day. :)

She decided to come a little early. Lily arrived at 3:35 a.m on the 13th. She's the best sweetheart we could have asked for!

lily.jpg

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Congrats!!!!

So, I was the only girl in the store frantically trying to find something amid a mass of men buying things for their ladies. Now, I hate V-day, so I tried to find him something funny, and grabbed 2 cards and turned to a man buying something and was like "hey, which do you like?" and picked one that sings "Who let the dogs out" some chocolate and a package of Prince Charming Frog Marshmallows ( we were in a play together and he was prince charming and I was Cinderella) then forgot to give them to him when I saw him and had to drop it all off later :rolleyes: But it was a good day. lol

personally though, I'd much rather get roses and a stuffed animal on Halloween!!!!!

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Oh Babydoll how cute! :D

I enjoy this day every year, this particular Valentine's day a friend took me out to the time travel mart in echo park, the museum of Jurassic technology in culver, to get some ethiopian off fairfax, to see the sun drown and then to a tea house :)
A very fulfilling day filled with Barbara Walters and rush limbaugh jokes and beautiful views.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I don't see any serious bitterness myself, simply a lot of folks who just don't buy into a popular tradition. [huh]

Well said Edward, absolutely bang on :eusa_clap

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Caity Lynn said:
personally though, I'd much rather get roses and a stuffed animal on Halloween!!!!!
lol Wise words.

My mother asked me yesterday whether I had given my mol a V-day card, and had to endure my lecture on why neither I nor her like this day and how it would be much more romantic to take her out for dinner some other day of the year.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
My wife and I have V-day all year round - except on this day.
Just the fact that roses are 3 to 4 times more expensive than any other day of the year clearly shows what this day is: A marketing scam, invented by florists, jewelers and candyproducers.[huh]

Edward

Bartender
Spitfire said:
My wife and I have V-day all year round - except on this day.
Just the fact that roses are 3 to 4 times more expensive than any other day of the year clearly shows what this day is: A marketing scam, invented by florists, jewelers and candyproducers.[huh]

Sriously, anyone who doesn't believe this should look up the online flower delivery services once in a while. For deliveries a week either side of 14th February - no matter when you place the order - the price, on average doubles. Back in the Old Country, we used to call that sort of thing emotional blackmail....

Apple Annie

New in Town
Babydoll said:
She decided to come a little early. Lily arrived at 3:35 a.m on the 13th. She's the best sweetheart we could have asked for!

lily.jpg

Congratulations, she's absolutely beautiful! And what a pretty name.

Staredge

One of the Regulars
Actually, (although I usually forget until later in the day) I always celebrate February 14th for the TRUE holiday it should be:

Arizona Statehood Day.

:eusa_clap :beer: :eusa_clap :beer:

Foofoogal

Banned
Beautiful, beautiful Baby and name.

So excited for you and honey Babydoll.

Congratulations. Another FL baby.

She needs her own thread though. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member