Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentines Day?

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Geezzz, we haven't even rang in the new year yet... Valentine's is still a month and some change away!

I have always had a bad experience with it... this year shouldn't be bad though. ;) But I always plan things the week of. lol Have other things on my mind before I make plans for one of the most overly commercialized holiday next to Christmas or Halloween. :rolleyes:

Most likely will present an offering of a seasonal bouquet of blooms and a ceremonial meal ritual at an establishment that will take whatever money I have left. lol

All in all, it's worth it.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
This Valentine's Day I'll be extra cantankerous. If Cupid dares shoot an arrow in my direction, he'll get it stuck back in his fat little bum. :mad:

Congratulations Babydoll! How exciting!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Paisley said:
:eek: Better to renew the memory of why you broke up.

That's my viewpoint.

To my surprise, I did have a Valentine last Valentine's Day. Sometime ago, I didn't expect to have one this coming year, but I may, depending on life.

Congrats Babydoll. Keep us all posted!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh my are you SERIOUS?

Foofoogal said:
Best Valentines Day gift? Plans this year?
Anyone ever renewed old flames. lol

Yes. I just told my wife of 20 years that I was thinking of calling up some "old flames" just for the occasion.

Best Valentines gift? She says a diamond, and I say a cheap Wal Mart card.

Plans this year? At our age, every day seems the same as the last or next.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Valentines...bah.
I'll either get or make or both, gifts for my lil ones.
Need to remind myself not to for the person who makes me miserable for every holiday and birthday. It will be a miracle if my attitude for it changes.

Foofoogal

Banned
ok, i had one of those silly moments. Get about 10 emails a day from Classmates. I have met quite a few people who have actually married and divorced and then remarried. Few work out I have seen.
One of my brothers is sort of back with his one true love. They divorced and she married about 9 times. He never remarried. I always say I am going to play this song if he ever dies.
"He Stopped Loving Her Today."
Life is so funny and I spent the holidays around them.
Babydoll. That is great. I was so mad as they would not let me wait till the 14th. to have our daughter and she was born on the 13th. They still made me a Valentine with her thumbprint though. lol
I guess I am on a mission to squeeze every moment I can lately out of Holidays after this last year. Pretty much did with Christmas and now excited about Valentines Day.
Enjoying them while I have them. :D

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
A CPA I used to work with did valuations for divorces for 20 or 30 years. Only two couples ever got back together...for a few months.

One couple he knew decided to get separate residences and stay married.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I had this idea a little too late last year and wanted to do it this year, but now I have a sweetie, so I don't think he would like it one bit.

I wanted to find a stranger, perhaps someone that looked alone and ask them out to dinner. Exchange only 1st names and a meeting location and time. Spend the evening with them, wherever the date would take us after dinner - a walk perhaps and then at the end of the night just say good-bye. No last names, no contact info, no second dates. Think how marvelous it would make a sad soul feel. I bet the idea would make anyone's Valentine's Day!

The Shirt

Practically Family
It is way over-commercialized, however I like to take advantage of doing something out of the ordinary nice with my fellow anyway. This year I am hoping that I can save enough to take him up for a surprise weekend up north for an afternoon of dogsledding. We went for the first time last year and it was so peaceful and beautiful. It was one of our best days together and I'd love to surprise him with it again.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Paisley said:
A CPA I used to work with did valuations for divorces for 20 or 30 years. Only two couples ever got back together...for a few months.

One couple he knew decided to get separate residences and stay married.

Strangely enough, this might have worked with my ex-husband I.

Foofoogal

Banned
I had this idea a little too late last year and wanted to do it this year, but now I have a sweetie, so I don't think he would like it one bit.

I wanted to find a stranger, perhaps someone that looked alone and ask them out to dinner. Exchange only 1st names and a meeting location and time. Spend the evening with them, wherever the date would take us after dinner - a walk perhaps and then at the end of the night just say good-bye. No last names, no contact info, no second dates. Think how marvelous it would make a sad soul feel. I bet the idea would make anyone's Valentine's Day!

sounds good to me. Happy New Year LolitaHaze.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy