Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentines Day?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Sriously, anyone who doesn't believe this should look up the online flower delivery services once in a while. For deliveries a week either side of 14th February - no matter when you place the order - the price, on average doubles. Back in the Old Country, we used to call that sort of thing emotional blackmail....
I think Saudi Arabia's policy during V-day is better. Instead of raising prices shopkeepers are scared into removing anything romantic or red off their shelves until it's all over.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Took the wife to see Harry Connick, Jr. in concert at the Florida Theater on Sunday. The man's a consummate showman; if you get the chance to see him live, it's not to be missed....he's funny and talented.

He performed mostly older, well-recognized standards (by FL's, anyway;) ), and a few of his newer compositions, but the venue of the old theater was the perfect setting...and, being opened in 1927, it turns 83 this year. :)
Rob

Argee

One of the Regulars
I took my girlfriend on the Austin Steam Train Association's Sweetheart Special trip. The Steam Train is still being restored so they are using their diesel, but the passenger cars are vintage. For gifts I gave her a 1938 Corona Silent portable typewriter and she gave me a late 30's Sheaffer Balance fountain pen.

Miss Dizzy Dame

Familiar Face
we went out for dinner and did a little dancing.. He gave me some bakelite bracelets,a necklace and some flowers! i asked him what made him pick the colors he did for the bakelite..and he said..it reminded him of carmel apples!
heres us on the day.

4360838793_98ba0085b5.jpg

Edward

Bartender
avedwards said:
I think Saudi Arabia's policy during V-day is better. Instead of raising prices shopkeepers are scared into removing anything romantic or red off their shelves until it's all over.

I think they should also block the websites.... heh. But then I'm a cynic - have been since fourteen - and once every several years I make some clumsy gesture which serves only to burn my fingers badly enough to reconvince me cynicism is the best defence! lol

Pompidou

One Too Many
I don't have a relationship, only an upcoming first date that'll miss Valentines day by a week or so, so I'm going to sit this one out. Last year's agenda was a day out with at a cafe, dinner, movie and bar, and I enjoyed it, but not any more so than if it were Feb 13th or 15th. Anything that's fun for me on Valentine's Day is fun for me every other day. I just started learning how to program Atari 2600 games, so my plan for next year is to make a small Valentine's Day Atari 2600 game, but we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran