Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Enfield - size 42 - black

scon

New in Town
I got this on eBay last year from original owner but I decided to go in a different direction. Have not worn the jacket at all except to try it on.

Excellent plus condition, just a touch broken in. From a non-smoker household. Comes with original Vanson serial number key fob and tag.

$350, shipped within US.

Pit to pit: 25"
Sleeves (from outside shoulder seam to bottom): 27"
Back (from neck seam to bottom: 25 1/2"
View attachment 47959
View attachment 47958 View attachment 47956 View attachment 47957

scon

New in Town
Sorry...problems posting pics. Here you go...

vanson1.jpg
vanson2.jpg
vanson3.jpg
vanson4.jpg
vanson5.jpg

PM would already be on your way if this wasn't one gigantic 42... Is the P2P really 25 inches??

scon

New in Town
PM would already be on your way if this wasn't one gigantic 42... Is the P2P really 25 inches??

Not sure if I'm measuring correctly...going side to side from the vertical seam up the side of the jacket that meets the sleeve in the center of the pit.

Just measured again and it's more like 24 to 24.5"

Here's a pic...

vanson6.jpg

Still way too roomy for me... Such a shame, this jacket doesn't even have creased sleeves, for this price, it's a steal of a life time. And I just realized Enfield has a single piece back.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
That looks super roomy for a 42.

My Vanson Comet measures 23 from ptp and marked 46. It's snug in comparison to my 44 Aero Half Belt.

Good luck with your sale. It's a great jacket for a great price.

IXL

One Too Many
What is the correct pit to pit measurement for a size 42 ?
The "common" measurement would be 4 inches over chest size/2, so 46 inches/2=23 inches. The Vanson Comet is a very slim-fitting jacket and is not representative of their usual sizing.

scon

New in Town
Funny you should mention the Comet. I have a Comet PLU-3 in 42 and it's actually just a scooch too snug on me when zipped. (Actually thinking of selling it and buying a 44)

This Enfield - also 42 - is roomy enough on me to accommodate a light fitted sweater. With just a t-shirt underneath, it's roomy but not baggy. (I'm 6' 2", 190lbs.)

BTW, the leather on it is gorgeous. It's a bit heavier - and softer - than the Comet PLU-3.

morrison2951

Practically Family
Nice! Agreed that this is like 1/2 price for anyone this size. Get it if you can! GLWS.

The Enfield rocks! Still loving mine in HH.

VR46

Familiar Face
Bump for a great jacket.
I've had an Enfield that I've worn for years, still do. Looks great. I think the large measurements are correct: it's roomy for the size. The Vanson website also lists measurements if a second opinion is desired.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
I'll concur with what VR46 said. My Enfield in octagon leather (sz. 40) is pretty roomy for its size. In fact, I'm considering whether or not to let it go as I'm not wearing it as much as I should. Awesome jacket though!

scon, best of luck with this sale!

Lone Starr

New in Town
This is a very nice jacket. I have been looking for one of these in brown with a 44 chest. They are hard to find without paying through the nose for a new one and then you have one that is and also looks new. I see a lot of 42s and some 46s, but 44s are few and far between. Anybody out there own a brown Aero 1930s HB with some mileage that is collecting dust? A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horsehide 44 in brown!

scon

New in Town
The Enfield is still for sale. Lowering price to $300, shipped in CONUS. I'll ship outside CONUS, but buyer pays shipping.

JP

stringer

One of the Regulars
Still available...
This is a great deal, I am selling the same jacket in a 46 and I will not take $300 for it.
Looking at your picture I DON'T THINK 24.5 is accurate at all. I would provide a shoulder measurement and a waist measurement and if that works for anyone they should jump on this deal.
This is a motorcycle jacket and a larger chest and long sleeves aid in proper fit while reaching for the bars. Good luck with the sale, I haven't any interest in mine either.

scon

New in Town
Thanks, stringer.

I just measured again (pit to pit, jacket zippered and laying flat, with measuring tape pushed tight against leather) and I get: 24.5

Note: According to Vanson's measurements for a 42 (http://www.vansonleathers.com/main_page/measure/ENF.htm) the chest is 49". That's twice the pit-to-pit, correct? So 24.5 should be about right.

Also...
Widths across bottom of jacket AND across at mid stomach are both 22"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy