Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Full Throttle / Drac - Any Riders Own one?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Not sure how this model slipped past me before, but Im looking for another armored Vanson cafe racer to share the riding duties with my armored Comet. Perfect jacket on the bike but full comp weight just gets a bit too hot in humid NJ summers. Im not a big fan of the fully perforated look on an entire jacket but don't mind if only some panels have it. Curious to hear some opinions on how this jacket rides and if the partial perforation and vanson vent system actually cool it down.

drac.png
DRC-Z150-full-throttle-perforated-and-vented-leather-motorcycle-jacket-DRS2.jpg.png

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
I have a "fully perforated" Vanson Comet that I only wear in the high West Australian summer. 28C plus up to 39/40.
Works excellently as designed. Not armoured ( none of my jackets are !).
On those days it is perfect , but humidity here is low , like Southern California best comparison.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
This is peripheral but....
I really like Vanson. I think they make a nice product that is very purpose built at a fair pricepoint. They have great customer service. So I don’t understand why on a model like that they don’t use a 2 way zipper or start the zipper higher. That model appears, like the model B, to be longer than their strictly on the bike offerings. The leather stiffness causes the chest to balloon and collar to push up if you ride a standard or cruiser (may be different if you’re forward over clip ons). This has been my experience anyhow. The solution I found was to buy one 20 years broken in.
More directly to the OP in 25 years on the bikes I’ve not found any leather jacket that vents as well as textile or any textile that looks as cool as leather.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
This one looks pretty good/short in the front for riding. Medium shows a 20.75" front length and 26"back. And yeah, this is for a more forwarding leaning bike. Sold the cruiser got a semi cafe. I know textiles have a come a long way and some might even be stronger than leather, but I just don't "feel" as safe.

My fully perforated Force works very well. Wearing it today in god awful humidity. I dread stop lights though.

I bet a straight zip perf jacket like this would be even better, particularly in the chest area. A buddy of mine has this jacket, fully perforated though, and swears by it. I would bet that any vent system devised by Vanson would be better than most. Cool jacket. Go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24