Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson jacket help

DanFromNottingham

New in Town
Hi all,

I recently purchased a second hand Vanson in competition weight hide that's getting a lot more use on the motorbike now the sun's out! I can't remember the exact model but it's from the mid-90s. Unfortunately it came with a somewhat warped collar. Can anyone offer suggestions to straightening this?

Collar.jpg

Another annoyance I have with the jacket: I love the look and fit from the front, but I find the bi-swing back to be really bulky and large, which I feel just ruins the jacket completely (pictures for reference). Am I just nitpicking and it actually looks fine? I feel it bellows out quite a lot when I move my arms. Is there a way to tailor this in, or even remove and replace the bi-swing back entirely?

Side down.jpg
Side up.jpg

Thanks for your advice, and for being a generally great forum.

Dan

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Wet the collar thorougly so it is soaked through. Place the collar between two pieces of plywood, tighten with a $5 C clamp from Home Depot. Keep clamped until dry. Done.
PS - a great jacket, looks like competition weight leather. I don't think the gussets bellow too much, that is the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

abone

A-List Customer
Looks like a model A; a very functional MC jacket and one of their earlier designs if I recall.
The bi-swing back is doing its job as intended and if the jacket is extremely comfortable on the bike, that’s why.
Good score!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner