Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model B opinion

I don't know exactly the reason, but in one of his last threads he was verbally attacking (and swearing) Tony. Btw, this is the second time he got banned here.

Just another day walking to the corner bodega in Chicago for our Italian Stallion.

It was outta line for sure. And I don’t know what the mods know so take this FWIW- HH was around a while and did have positive contributions. His Moby Dick-like search for a wearable 48 lb jacket was entertaining to me as I too prefer heavier outerwear.

I don't think he was banned on account of calling me stupid, he certainly wasn't the first, probably not the last and I've had far worse exchanges with some other members here....I believe he exhibited a pattern of behavior that this place would no longer allow to have a voice.
And so...
Thats-all GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I don't think he was banned on account of calling me stupid, he certainly wasn't the first, probably not the last and I've had far worse exchanges with some other members here....I believe he exhibited a pattern of behavior that this place would no longer allow to have a voice.
And so...
he'll probably come back as Heavier Hammerklavier 1212

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Just another day walking to the corner bodega in Chicago for our Italian Stallion.

It was outta line for sure. And I don’t know what the mods know so take this FWIW- HH was around a while and did have positive contributions. His Moby Dick-like search for a wearable 48 lb jacket was entertaining to me as I too prefer heavier outerwear.
I just want to see that sagging pipe he used as jackets hangers rail would finally break on him.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
That man could have been happy if he had just stopped with a Vanson Enfield in the right size. I mean we all get sucked in at some point and spend and keep spending but most of us eventually slow down and learn to appreciate the stack of jackets we know own rather than to continue buying. I hope he got there.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
That man could have been happy if he had just stopped with a Vanson Enfield in the right size. I mean we all get sucked in at some point and spend and keep spending but most of us eventually slow down and learn to appreciate the stack of jackets we know own rather than to continue buying. I hope he got there.
He sounds like a legend. A banned legend.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
And so...
I did some digging and discovered the thread

“My frustrating experience with Aero customer service”​

So he had a vicious and dubious go at Aero. Sort of the last thing he posted. He went too far and he paid the price…
I see he had a history of receiving strangely damaged jackets. Maybe he suffered from Munchausen syndrome by jacket proxy.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
he quickly fell in love and then passionately hate several jacket brands/ makers
especially when the jacket turned out to be lighter in weight than his expectation, just and idea for jacket makers, please just use fishing net lead weights as zip pullers instead of leather strips on the jacket you produce, it would make some of your customers really happy.
lead-zippuller.jpg

morrison2951

Practically Family

Agreed. The reddish tan HH Vanson Enfield in my closet rules the roost! :)

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
So he did get banned, I thought he finally found knight armor suits and moved on, lol. Were there any makers he didn't eventually hate?

Fonzie

One Too Many
He was hard to understand, for periods he’d be a very nice member, contributing a lot to the forum, complimenting other members and with good manners and then he’d flip and go on rampages hating everything and everyone. A bit bipolar and OCD.
I kind of miss him though, he was a bit colourful but when he wasn’t being rude to everyone and every maker he brought value to the outerwear crew, IMO.

So he did get banned, I thought he finally found knight armor suits and moved on, lol. Were there any makers he didn't eventually hate?

I see him post on IG occasionally and recently, surprisingly enough, it was Aero that he featured. Very nice looking D-pocket.

He was okay when he was okay but his insistence on understanding the trade better than the tradesman was ultimately the source of all his troubles. Yes, leather has to be skived. Just let these people do what they do.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
seems like he refused to believe skiving can be done only along the edges where the folding and stitching happens and not necessarily the entire panel
2016-08-05 10.39.37.jpg
example of my jacket's sleeve ends being skived

maybe he referenced skiving machine in the tannery where leather grain and suede is split, and not the skiving by jacket maker, maybe it was a big misunderstanding.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He kind of went in circles with the different makers, as his dislike for one grew he went back to another that he had previous dismissed only to be disappointed all over again.
I don’t think he ever found a maker that could satisfy his quest for heavyweight perfection for long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo