Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model B - Z150 -Sz 40

Psant25

One Too Many
Might let my custom Vanson Model B in size 40 go if the right price wants it. It is stock size 40. I have a 40 inch chest and it is a perfect fit for me. It was custom from carrie @ thurstonbros (>8 week wait and over 800 bucks). I got the z150 leather which is 3.0 oz shiny cowhide. Standard comp weight I think they say 3.5-3.75oz. It has nickel hardware and metal zipper box. I deleted some things (side cinch) and cleaned up the inside removing snaps and zip. I received in I think december 2017 so it really is not that old. It is very well creased and supple it took a lot of time to bend and fold and break this thing in. I've had I think 3-4 model Bs now that I bought new in regular comp weight so I would say that the Z150 was a little easier to break in, but this is still some pretty tough stuff. The only reason I'm considering selling is I have 2 custom JL jackets on the way and I'm considering a different vanson in e150 or CHP in comp or maybe a bates or cal leather custom. thanks for looking link below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vanson-Mod...265705?hash=item441b07b3a9:g:h9gAAOSwD99axN~6

marmalademan

Banned
How much does it weigh? I'm trying to gauge how heavy. Would it be heavier or lighter than aero cxl I wonder

Any interest in trades?

ksozay

One Too Many
Lighter than an Aero CXL, in my opinion.

I've got only their comp weight jackets (Chopper and PLU) and an Aero CR in CXL (Both Horse and Steer). Aero is noticeably heavier. Stiffness of leather? That is another story entirely. Z150 is a good choice in leather for this style or jacket.

Psant25

One Too Many
hard to say. does feel lighter than the comp wt and break in was easier. i can actually weigh it if you want.

ive had aero cxl steer and horse. those were not cafe racer style jackets though.

no trades at this time. accepting reasonable offers too ie paypal friends family and maybe free shipping. ebay/paypal fees 70 bucks at 650

this is obviously lighter than their heavy comp. i have broken it in nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW