Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model F

Jejupe

Practically Family
You forgot one Guppy:
http://passaicleather.com/

Might be the first website. EVER
Go straight to Law enforcement for the better jackets

Why they have "Schott embossing" on their jackets?

http://passaicleather.com/schott807.jpg
schott807.jpg

I can't find pricing on these models anywhere on the site, Passaic makes great cop coats and like monitor demonstrated a really cool CR
police1.jpg

police3.jpg

police5.jpg

police7.jpg

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Yes, that Model F is an interesting design, did think those chest pockets were a bit too low. Wouldn't mind having one though.

I had an Enfield, found it a little on the boxier side, The collar could've been a little wider.

Now that Oxford, looking mighty fine! Just found out about this design after their website revamp. The site says its their Model D (which is a Model B with quilted lining) with collar added. Always loved the Model B design, the collar on this one looks really slick. If my funds free up, might consider adding this one on my to-buy list.

https://vansonleathers.com/mens-col...D-BLK-oxford-leather-motorcycle-jacket-B.html

technovox

One Too Many
Of all the Vansons that I've burned through, the Model F is the only one I kept. The Comet looks great as a design, but in reality the several I've owned were all way too short and too wide for my particular body type. (Love the simplicity of the Mercury, but it's essentially a Comet with a spread collar.) The Enfield just didn't work for me either...a bit too bulky. Once I even had Vanson make me a custom jacket... personally measured by Kim Vanson (based on the Mercury but with a longer body/sleeves.) But I ended up selling that one because I never wore it.
I agree that the Model F looks a bit ungainly and busy at first sight. And then I put it on, it just fits and feels right. I'm still not sure why it works better for me than all the other Vansons. It's definitely the odd bird in Vanson's menagerie of leather jacket designs...but it has turned out to be a very comfortable beater!

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I really like the Vanson F- It has a kind of 1970's thing going, but in a good way. I would have gotten one except I don't need and don't enjoy the comp weight leather which is spec'd way over my needs. I would consider their Firenze hide but I hear it takes months for a custom to be made.

Hh121

Banned
Of all the Vansons that I've burned through, the Model F is the only one I kept. The Comet looks great as a design, but in reality the several I've owned were all way too short and too wide for my particular body type. (Love the simplicity of the Mercury, but it's essentially a Comet with a spread collar.) The Enfield just didn't work for me either...a bit too bulky. Once I even had Vanson make me a custom jacket... personally measured by Kim Vanson (based on the Mercury but with a longer body/sleeves.) But I ended up selling that one because I never wore it.
I agree that the Model F looks a bit ungainly and busy at first sight. And then I put it on, it just fits and feels right. I'm still not sure why it works better for me than all the other Vansons. It's definitely the odd bird in Vanson's menagerie of leather jacket designs...but it has turned out to be a very comfortable beater!

Do you mind share some fit photos?

I have seen Fs go for around this price on eBay. If you dig the F I would wait for one on ebay. The only Schott I have purchased online that fit right in the sleeves and length is my denim perfecto. All others I have quickly sold off.

Hh121

Banned
I have seen Fs go for around this price on eBay. If you dig the F I would wait for one on ebay. The only Schott I have purchased online that fit right in the sleeves and length is my denim perfecto. All others I have quickly sold off.

No, I always thought the F is their original design until I saw this

technovox

One Too Many
I have seen Fs go for around this price on eBay. If you dig the F I would wait for one on ebay.

Good suggestion. Ebay is where I found my vintage Model F. If you have the patience, they occasionally turn up and they're usually not that expensive. (I think I paid around $125 for mine.) Personally, it's not the kind of jacket I would throw big money at just to get it brand new...and they just look better with age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21