Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model F

Hh121

Banned
What do you think this model, I am thinking to get this one instead of Enfield, it has zip out liner for all season use.

The only complaint of F would be the little too complicated design.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I agree with HD. The F is one of the few Vanson designs I do not find attractive. The Enfield in Octagon is choice though.

If I were to get an F, I'd angle the chest pockets or eliminate them. As HD said, they are placed to low on the chest. Otherwise I think it's a cool jacket

If you are looking for options to the Enfield-- The Mercury and Dakota Barn Coat look good. The Ike is another option.

I actually like IKE a lot, but it has no bi-swing action back

I have an Ike in brown comp. weight with brass zips, etc. Use it for when I travel to colder climates or for a night out with the wife. While I have ridden in it and it works fine, it is not as good for that as other jackets.

I really like these two. The oxford has a bit more pronounced collar that snaps down. Built right off the model B platform. Mercury is just a really cool, simple design.

OXFORD JACKET 9D
9D-BLK-oxford-leather-motorcycle-jacket.jpg

MERCURY
the-mercury-a-timeless-casual-black-leahter-motorcycle-jacket-with-shirt-style-collar.jpg

Jejupe

Practically Family
I really like these two. The oxford has a bit more pronounced collar that snaps down. Built right off the model B platform.

Does someone know if Oxford is just model B with Collar, or if there is some other differences?

Hh121

Banned
And they don't show the availability of the stock jacket, everything you ordered will show it is in Stock.

I think those guys are still doing business from phone calls, that's the impression I have.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Yeah, judging by their website whole internet thing seems to be some kind of forced after thought for Vanson. "I guess we need to have one of those these days for them hipster millenials or whathshouldIcallthem... I remember the good old days when customers sent faxes and..."

Then again, none of the leather companies we discuss here really shine on this field.

For example Lostworlds site is so retro (read: a kid made it in pre-school or granny in her introdution to internet course) that it is starting to be in line with age of their jacket patterns.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Bad websites are a hallmark of high end leather.

LW looks like it was coded in the latest standards c. 1998.
Thedi uses Blogger. At least they have very good photos. To order, you have to email them and they send you an invoice through PayPal after finalizing the details.
Johnson is particularly bad, way under-representing their capabilities and products.
Langlitz have artistic drawings of their merchandise in lieu of photos :( and to order you print out a form and snail mail it.

I can't say that I mind, really. The worse the website is, the better the jackets are.

The main thing, really, is to have detailed, accurate information, good photos showing the merchandise from all angles, and responsive, knowledgeable customer service.

Just think if they had a great web site. Then they would have thousands of customers, a backlog of work stretching for years, and they'd have to jack prices up or sacrifice quality to ramp up their manufacturing, and then we'd all be sad.

Bad websites are a hallmark of high end leather.

LW looks like it was coded in the latest standards c. 1998.
Thedi uses Blogger. At least they have very good photos. To order, you have to email them and they send you an invoice through PayPal after finalizing the details.
Johnson is particularly bad, way under-representing their capabilities and products.
Langlitz have artistic drawings of their merchandise in lieu of photos :( and to order you print out a form and snail mail it.

I can't say that I mind, really. The worse the website is, the better the jackets are.

The main thing, really, is to have detailed, accurate information, good photos showing the merchandise from all angles, and responsive, knowledgeable customer service.

Just think if they had a great web site. Then they would have thousands of customers, a backlog of work stretching for years, and they'd have to jack prices up or sacrifice quality to ramp up their manufacturing, and then we'd all be sad.
You forgot one Guppy:
http://passaicleather.com/

Might be the first website. EVER
Go straight to Law enforcement for the better jackets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy