Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson (VAJ-3) City jacket Sz L

Status
Not open for further replies.
What jacket is that? What did they do to it? What was the original condition?

Edit: Oh I see it's the VAJ-3. It's still not clear from the photo what was done, it's hard to photograph black on black details. Can you describe what happened?
Dude straight up shredded the sleeve. From shoulder to cuff. It's a multi seam jacket and apparently this dumb ba***rd piece of shit saw fit to rip the seam and the leather on one seam totally apart. I'd love to get my hands around his neck. Even if just for a few seconds.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Dude straight up shredded the sleeve. From shoulder to cuff. It's a multi seam jacket and apparently this dumb ba***rd piece of shit saw fit to rip the seam and the leather on one seam totally apart. I'd love to get my hands around his neck. Even if just for a few seconds.

Boy, as tough as Vanson sews their sleeves, he must have had to really work on it to do that. Such a shame.

Boy, as tough as Vanson sews their sleeves, he must have had to really work on it to do that. Such a shame.
just ripped the seam right apart. All the way to the shoulder. I'm about one minute from pasting this asshat all over Reddit. If anyone deals on eBay with any frequency, please PM me for his personal details so that you might avoid dealing with one shit sack who has no other objective than to be a burden against your time.

Last edited:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
WOW !! Totally sucks having to go thru all this. All here know how well you care for your jackets. Looks like the guys dog got a hold of it.......What a scumbag !!

WOW !! Totally sucks having to go thru all this. All here know how well you care for your jackets. Looks like the guys dog got a hold of it.......What a scumbag !!
That damage was totally intentional. He did it. On purpose. Essentially just flushed his $ right down the toilet. And with eBay's buyer protection he needed no reason to return it. Regardless of his bullshit claims he would've received a full return. Just unreal. Total nonsense.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Is it repairable? I'm wondering if this would be something that someone like Dena at Great Leather could fix, especially if it's a seam shred?

What jacket is that? What did they do to it? What was the original condition?

Edit: Oh I see it's the VAJ-3. It's still not clear from the photo what was done, it's hard to photograph black on black details. Can you describe what happened? It looks like the lining of the sleeve is on the outside... is that a giant cut through the leather of the sleeve?

Sheeeeyoot. For as much as eBay buyer protection sucks for sellers, I've always been able to prevail when I've had to deal with unreasonable/false claims from buyers.

One time, I sold an Andrew Marc cafe style jacket that I'd bought on Overstock, and the guy who received it said that as soon as he undid one of the snaps, the head of the snap detached, and so he wanted a refund. I told him I was sorry for his misfortune, but that I wasn't responsible for it because it was not in that condition when he received it, it happened after the sale was completed and the jacket was now his property, and I am not a retailer and cannot offer returns or warranty, and recommended he take it to a local leather repair place and have it repaired, and I even offered to pay the bill, up to $20.

Buyer promptly went apesh*t and filed a claim, and then without even waiting for the claim to resolve, shipped it back to me, and proceeded to send rude/demanding enraged emails insisting that he receive a refund. Unfortunately for him, rather than use the original box, he wadded it up into the smallest box he could possibly fit it in, and did not return the original hanger that had come with the jacket.

I let it sit at the post office, refusing to accept it, knowing that if I did, eBay would see the return shipping was completed and would then issue him a refund. I let him stew for several days, and then unfortunately eBay found in favor of the buyer and refunded his money.

Nothing left to lose at that point, I then went to the post office, picked up the package, and filed counter-claim against the buyer, showing that the buyer had damaged the snap, wadded up the jacket and crammed it into the box, and didn't include everything that was shipped to them, and eBay reversed the decision, and credited his money back to me, AND said I was not under obligation to re-ship the jacket back to him.

I later re-listed it and sold it again, with the condition disclosed, this time for considerably less money, but at least I got paid twice for my troubles. It was nerve wracking and eBay's policy generally sucks, but if you're patient and professional and diligent, and maybe a little bit lucky, you do OK. At least I always have.
Indeed. I packed the jacket in a heavy canvas garment bag, wrapped in plastic and it came back stuffed and crumpled in a tiny box. I've decided to lay off eBay alltogether. If I can't sell it here I'll donate it for a tax write off. The feedback score of 17 was a red flag. I should've known better. Been at this for too long to not recognize a shit stain, even when it's screaming to be noticed. This guy filed an item not received case against me, due to postal delays beyond my control, despite the jacket sitting in his PO for 3 days. He lost both his cases and his money. Well played.
IMG_8130.JPG

Is it repairable? I'm wondering if this would be something that someone like Dena at Great Leather could fix, especially if it's a seam shred?
It would be a total sleeve replacement. Goes off the seam and just into the leather. I'm thinking this guy wipes his ears after using the bathroom. Maybe the quality hide can be repurposed. If anyone wants it it's available for the $10 to ship it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
It would be a total sleeve replacement. Goes off the seam and just into the leather. I'm thinking this guy wipes his ears after using the bathroom. Maybe the quality hide can be repurposed. If anyone wants it it's available for the $10 to ship it.
Pm sent

That is some psycho crazy shit right there. Deeply demented individual and I'm not exaggerating. Even just thinking about doing this would make a normal human being feel like a worthless pos... But going as far as doing something like that is just...

And here I thought my eBay dude was crazy.

PayPal has refunded my account and I have reported the buyer to eBay for multiple use infractions. The hilarious part, and one of note, is that a buyer can report an item not as described and eBay automatically finds in their favor.
If I ship out a mint condition item and it doesn't fit the buyer they can still claim not as described and they get a full refund (so long as they don't destroy it). This dumb ba***rd just flushed $400 down the toilet. All he had to do was put it in a damn box and ship it back. I was powerless to dispute his false claims. I'm no longer selling jack shit on eBay.

But yep, that's how it goes.

Make sure to tell eBay to make sure he can't leave negative comment 'cause he will! That moron I had to deal with left me a negative review and now my account is practically worthless because since I have just a few sales, the positive percentage amounts to barely 85% which makes me look bad. And that's after they've closed the case in my favor.

At the end they needn't bother, really as I can pretty much forget about selling there anymore.

Man in 12 years of buying and selling I've never encountered this level of dementia... I mean all he had to do was ship it back. Ebay automatically sides with the buyer. They automatically transfer the funds back to the buyer. I had to appeal the favorable finding for the buyer to get my money back. From there it went quite quickly. It seems that once a return is marked as delivered the case closes automatically in the buyers favor (even before I had opened the box)! I will never accept offers or complete sales with any new ebay member.

Apparently this is the thought process at play...
tumblr_n61dnqyCCz1shio1vo1_400.gif

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Tony that is rubbish, nonsense, and disgusting all at once. We all know how you are and your integrity about dealings here, on ebay, and in life in general. It reesk of complete indifferance on that "buyer's" part to treat you in such a manner. What would honestly possess a person to cut-up and tear apart such a jacket for any reason? I suppose we'll never know.

Sure sorry for this happening.

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Figured I’d chime in on Ebay , cuz same shit happened to me. Brand new jeans with tags sold to a pos, has them for two weeks, wears them ( tags torn off , lighter in pocket and smelled like ashtray) and then wants to return them.
I said no ..... and like what has been stated here... Ebay sides with them , money returned , and still charges me for sale and no shipping fees returned...... yep
Crazy ass people out there!!!!!
Probably why I have a ton of shit to sell and just don’t want to deal with it.

Figured I’d chime in on Ebay , cuz same shit happened to me. Brand new jeans with tags sold to a pos, has them for two weeks, wears them ( tags torn off , lighter in pocket and smelled like ashtray) and then wants to return them.
I said no ..... and like what has been stated here... Ebay sides with them , money returned , and still charges me for sale and no shipping fees returned...... yep
Crazy ass people out there!!!!!
Probably why I have a ton of shit to sell and just don’t want to deal with it.

Hearing stories like that makes me realize how lucky was I to get out with just that one negative review... I can't believe at the shits that has gotten into that stuff. Shame to waste such good clothes on people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot