Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Wrong. They have the same/a similar pattern, but the details are different. The Wolverine doesn't have a top stitch there. The Oxford and Comet do.

The new comp weight is beautiful and very grainy. Most of the comp weight jackets I saw there were full of appealing vintage style grain.

View attachment 512112

That looks amazing. Very similar to the old CW Comet and C2 that I have. Glad to see it.

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Wrong. They have the same/a similar pattern, but the details are different. The Wolverine doesn't have a top stitch there. The Oxford and Comet do.

The new comp weight is beautiful and very grainy. Most of the comp weight jackets I saw there were full of appealing vintage style grain.

View attachment 512112
*Immediately emails Carrie at TB*

Cool model F just landed. Was thinking about a dye job but now I’m not so sure.
Def needs some love. I’ll get pics up after some of that love has been given. Really nice, thick and grainy.
IMG_4995.jpeg

I think it looks great just as the main colour. (and would also look good two tone.
How did you bring out the richness in the main?
Urad dark brown. The sleeve strip is obernaufs plus urad. Both will fade back to the original color within a year. Maybe a very little bit darker. But the oil provides a much darker tone right off the bat. But I like the darker body as well. Kinda feels like Logan’s jacket in DOFP. Just need to train the collar to stay put. Previous owner had it snapped down, likely forever.
AF775696-8DC1-4119-93A6-135F4D5C8743.jpeg
55A5DD8D-C79C-402D-85B9-5C472BE255CE.jpeg

Al 916

One Too Many
Urad dark brown. The sleeve strip is obernaufs plus urad. Both will fade back to the original color within a year. Maybe a very little bit darker. But the oil provides a much darker tone right off the bat. But I like the darker body as well. Kinda feels like Logan’s jacket in DOFP. Just need to train the collar to stay put. Previous owner had it snapped down, likely forever.
View attachment 512798 View attachment 512799
URAD is interesting in the way it low lights (for want of a better term) the grain and creasing.
I like the effect however would like to find a product that does this without the 'top coating', anything you could suggest?

@Marc mndt 's Saphir wax looked like it might have that (I have some in slightly less elegant packaging design on it's way (hope it is the same manufacturer).

51aXajmxjiL._AC_UX679_.jpg

Last edited:
URAD is interesting in the way it low lights (for want of a better term) the grain and creasing.
I like the effect however would like to find a product that does this without the 'top coating', anything you could suggest?

@Marc mndt 's Sapphire wax looked like it might have that (I have some in slightly less elegant packaging design on it's way (hope it is the same manufacturer).

View attachment 512805
Can’t say that I do k ow of anything that won’t give you a bit of gloss/top coat other than oil based conditioners. The I tail shine Urad provides is fairly short lived, particularly with regular use. I find myself applying a coat twice a season for my older stuff.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

@Marc mndt 's Saphir wax looked like it might have that (I have some in slightly less elegant packaging design on it's way (hope it is the same manufacturer).

View attachment 512805
I use this product on bone dry leather to recondition it before I apply the Urad. I wouldn't recommend using it on non-vintage pigment dyed leather it will probably not be easily absorbed.

Al 916

One Too Many
Can’t say that I do k ow of anything that won’t give you a bit of gloss/top coat other than oil based conditioners. The I tail shine Urad provides is fairly short lived, particularly with regular use. I find myself applying a coat twice a season for my older stuff.
Which oil based conditioner are you thinking?
I might just have to get over myself on the URAD top coat & squeak thing...

Al 916

One Too Many
Anyone in the US that has a spare Tupperware box and a kind heart please let me know and I will F&F PP with much gratitude...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy