Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Various Early 20th Century Books

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
I have a few early 20th century books for sale of varying interests. Shipping will be actual cost, via USPS or FedEx. All prices are OBO.

History of the United States for Elementary Grades by William H. Sadlier.
The copyright is 1915, there are various names written into the cover and wear one would expect of a school book nearly 100 years old.
USH1.jpg

ihus1.jpg

ush2.jpg

Asking $15

Abraham Lincoln: A Play By John Drinkwater.
This is a Houghton Mifflin publication with a 1919 copyright. Again there is a name written into the inside cover and some wear expected of a 90 year old book that would have been used heavily. Overall very nice shape, the pages are all crisp.
ush3.jpg

abe2.jpg

abe3.jpg

Asking $15

In Freedom's Cause by GA Henty. This is published by Hurst & co with no copyright. There is a barely legible scrawling, what I could make out is an 18. It COULD be the date, but based on the paper and binding style, that looks a little young to my eye. I would place it much closer to the turn of the century. There is significant cosmetic wear on the covers and binding, but a remarkable amount of the original coloration is still present. The pages are all very crisp. Despite the wear, this is one that most would not hesitate to display on their shelves.
freedom1.jpg

freedom2.jpg

freedom3.jpg

freedom4.jpg

Asking $15

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Candide by Voltaire. This is the 'Universal Library' publication by Grosset & Dunlap. Again, no copyright date, but the name and date indicating 1931 scrawled into the inside cover appears to be very accurate. Overall, this is a nice condition book with the only real problem being that there is edge wear on the pages. This was a very high volume publication done cheaply at the time and as such, some quality points suffered.
candide1.jpg

candide2.jpg

candide3.jpg

candide4.jpg

candide5.jpg

Asking $15
The Outline of History by HG Wells. This is the 1930 single volume, 1200 page publication. It has some condition issues best left to pictures and the obligatory name on the inside cover.
wells.jpg

wells2.jpg

wells3.jpg

wells4.jpg

wells5.jpg

Asking $15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97