Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegecow Lewis Leathers quality

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!
I understand that the 391T is the tight version compared to 391. But since it is possible to modify the specs, does it make any difference that you starting with the customization based on a 391T or a 391? Is there any design/character that further distinguish 391 and 391T? Thanks in advance!

Yes! there are some distinctions particularly in the shoulders, and Chest area right out of the box. I've enclosed two sizing charts to give you an idea of where the standard sizing points initiate. From there, you can customize it and spec it to your liking. the first charts are the Vintage Standard sizing all the way up to 2014, the next is Standard sizing as of 2015
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.42.13 AM.png

Here is the Tight Fit sizing
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.43.09 AM.png

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Yes! there are some distinctions particularly in the shoulders, and Chest area right out of the box. I've enclosed two sizing charts to give you an idea of where the standard sizing points initiate. From there, you can customize it and spec it to your liking. the first charts are the Vintage Standard sizing all the way up to 2014, the next is Standard sizing as of 2015 View attachment 307211

Here is the Tight Fit sizing View attachment 307212

As you can see, I speced mine inbetween a 36 and 38 tight fit to get it perfect..and it truly is an amazing fit, like a glove

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Here’s a couple of pics next to my other cross zips, Schott 519 and Buco J24. Then side by side with the Buco

Attachments

• 27B9269E-F7E2-40B0-9F0A-542CCC9274DF.jpeg
    27B9269E-F7E2-40B0-9F0A-542CCC9274DF.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,145
  • F06CBC18-3939-4471-B928-DF81201358BE.jpeg
    F06CBC18-3939-4471-B928-DF81201358BE.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 985
  • 5CEE7E1D-6463-4BC9-860C-BC67967C41B9.jpeg
    5CEE7E1D-6463-4BC9-860C-BC67967C41B9.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 998
  • 0470B0E3-9C92-48A9-838E-803C7F1FE7BF.jpeg
    0470B0E3-9C92-48A9-838E-803C7F1FE7BF.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 930

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Yes! there are some distinctions particularly in the shoulders, and Chest area right out of the box. I've enclosed two sizing charts to give you an idea of where the standard sizing points initiate. From there, you can customize it and spec it to your liking. the first charts are the Vintage Standard sizing all the way up to 2014, the next is Standard sizing as of 2015 View attachment 307211

Here is the Tight Fit sizing View attachment 307212
Thanks for the info sharing! So to conclude - the only difference of 391 and 391T is the fit.

To which level of the modification can they do? Looking at the table, my best fit would be an old 391 somewhere between size 40 and 42, with shortened sleeves and length. Did you directly supply all the desired measurement to them?

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the info sharing! So to conclude - the only difference of 391 and 391T is the fit.

To which level of the modification can they do? Looking at the table, my best fit would be an old 391 somewhere between size 40 and 42, with shortened sleeves and length. Did you directly supply all the desired measurement to them?

that's correct. Lining color, Leather choice, zipper tape color either black or beige, the color of the jacket. They offer many colors in their horsehide. The Vegecow is only available in black as far as I know. everything else including measurements can be specd to your liking

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
that's correct. Lining color, Leather choice, zipper tape color either black or beige, the color of the jacket. They offer many colors in their horsehide. The Vegecow is only available in black as far as I know. everything else including measurements can be specd to your liking
Perfect thanks! Now really looking forward to seeing your fit pic :)

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face
Love this jacket! I'm considering a 402, and I like the look of the "t" - I have to examine your size charts more. I have the opposite issue where as I am tall and slim, like a more fitted style in the body, but have broad shoulders and very long arms.

Do you know, is there any difference in arm and arm opening width between standard and tight?

Last edited:

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Joshua! your jacket looks spectacular! I absolutely love my Lighting.. in my top 3 favorite jackets I own. I recently put in my order for a custom Lewis Leathers Dominator 551T in Vegetable Tanned cowhide. I will keep you posted on that process but so far enjoy the hell out of this beauty. Wear yours in good health!!

Cheers!

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Joshua! your jacket looks spectacular! I absolutely love my Lighting.. in my top 3 favorite jackets I own. I recently put in my order for a custom Lewis Leathers Dominator 551T in Vegetable Tanned cowhide. I will keep you posted on that process but so far enjoy the hell out of this beauty. Wear yours in good health!!

Cheers!
Hi! Any aging update on this vegetan cowhide?

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
yes!! just a little! i do wear this one on more special occasion, my grab and go lately has been my FC Virginia Beach and RM J100 but as soon as I break it in a little more, i will upload some pics!

Lit Up

One of the Regulars
Coming to this thread late. As someone who has agonised over lewis leathers sizing (although not the lightning), one measurement which isn't given on those charts is the arm holes.

I purchased Monza in size 40 and had an inch added to the chest (I'm 41, usually take 42 but I wanted something on the slimmer side). Unfortunately the jacket is tight in the shoulders for me and arm movement feels a little restricted. I also can't layer up underneath.

Basically consider the arm hole size when deciding which size to go with. And there's no substitute to trying on in person!

How is everybody finding the QC on their Lewis Jackets?

Lit Up

One of the Regulars
What I will say about the lightning jacket is that the pockets are completely unusable (same as on the Monza). It is its biggest flaw in my opinion. Contrast it with the Bronx jacket (also made in tight fit) - a huge, practical map pocket that can take anything you put in it.

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face

Cheers!

I am loving it, unfortunately now too hot here to wear! I hope to visit their London store some day and check out a Dominator, those are awesome too.

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face
Coming to this thread late. As someone who has agonised over lewis leathers sizing (although not the lightning), one measurement which isn't given on those charts is the arm holes.

I purchased Monza in size 40 and had an inch added to the chest (I'm 41, usually take 42 but I wanted something on the slimmer side). Unfortunately the jacket is tight in the shoulders for me and arm movement feels a little restricted. I also can't layer up underneath.

Basically consider the arm hole size when deciding which size to go with. And there's no substitute to trying on in person!

How is everybody finding the QC on their Lewis Jackets?

I worked with Rip at LL and he guided me through sizing. I also wanted a fitted look, but he recommended going up from 38 to 40 (my chest is actually just about 40 so made sense). The arm holes work for me, but I'm a slim guy, at 6'1" and about 168 lbs. They lengthened the arms and body for my height, and it worked out great. I haven't noticed any quality issues, everything looks perfect. But it's brand new, I'll see how it wears.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot