Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegecow Lewis Leathers quality

Damon141

Practically Family
Thank you for that because it seems like a trend with manufacturers that they want you to look like your walking around in a black garbage bag.

I think with the Lewis Super Sportsman style of cafe racer it wouldn’t look bad being a little looser fit than a custom fitted Fields Route 66 but I wanted it trim.

I showed a bunch of test pictures of the Lewis Dominator and the Sportsman to my wife and she hates collars on jackets, she says they look old fashioned, it’s just brainwashing from all these cheap mall jacket ads. So she says she likes the Sportsman even after I showed her a male model looking American actor wearing a Dominator, she still didn’t bite.

She even says she likes Navy Blue but not as a primary jacket. Little does she know I’m on the waiting list for a Route 66 and an Idaho which due to his leather selection it seems the only choice is black. It’s hard to pick a reasonably expensive jacket in a color other than black or brown. I love blue even that light blue ever since I saw the Freewheelers Speed Master.

Damon141

Practically Family
My Field Leathers Idaho has a 22.5" ptp but it has a center back gusset which helps to provide extra moveability. My next FL (we're currently in the process of tweaking the mock-up jacket for it) will have a 23" ptp.

View attachment 415523
What is your chest circumference?
Yours looks perfectly fitted and I know I’ve been going about this all wrong trying to go to tight.

Damon141

Practically Family
Yes, around three inches is a good guide. The larger the armhole, the less. At least for those whose back has some V-shape.
When you gave them your abdomen and belt line. Did you give exact?
Then let them figure out the best diameter
Or give a little extra room?
If I went exact it would be 99cm over the belt and 94.5 across the belly button.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When you gave them your abdomen and belt line. Did you give exact?
Then let them figure out the best diameter
Or give a little extra room?
If I went exact it would be 99cm over the belt and 94.5 across the belly button.
No, I always give the measurements of the jacket directly. I prefer to trust myself. If I listened to the manufacturers, I would have only too large jackets. I have 96 cm above the belt and I order 49 cm or 50 cm hem. Over 50 is too wide for me.

Damon141

Practically Family
I wanted gold too. Or even red for that classic look. But black nylon it will be. It goes against my thought process being a synthetic material but they say it’s their most breathable liner. It says nylon mesh so maybe the thread weave spacing helps

Aloysius

Not sure I’d agree with the contention that nylon is never breathable. I have a number of quite breathable flight jackets, such as a wool gabardine L-2 with a light nylon lining. I wear it often in the warmer months.

Damon141

Practically Family
Not sure I’d agree with the contention that nylon is never breathable. I have a number of quite breathable flight jackets, such as a wool gabardine L-2 with a light nylon lining. I wear it often in the warmer months.
Because nylon along with polyester are synthetic and are typically used to block wind breakers and umbrellas. Something that in turn makes it nonbreathable would trap heat.

LL says theirs is nylon mesh, so possibly the weave spacing like I said above might negate the heat retaining qualities.

Attachments

• 9CA6596C-C430-4A8D-8837-15C2C5F72636.png
    9CA6596C-C430-4A8D-8837-15C2C5F72636.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

7amza

Familiar Face
Exact. No satin on the body possible. I saw a trucker with satin once, but you can't do that with motorcycle jackets. Asked because I wanted gold.

That is strange that they said that, as far as I know the lightnings and cyclone are both motorcycle jackets and I was able to request black viscous satin body lining on both models...unless this is a single rider jacket only limitation...

Aloysius

Because nylon along with polyester are synthetic and are typically used to block wind breakers and umbrellas. Something that in turn makes it nonbreathable would trap heat.

LL says theirs is nylon mesh, so possibly the weave spacing like I said above might negate the heat retaining qualities.

There are different grades and types of every fabric. I do not usually wear synthetics, but the nylon used in my aforementioned flight jackets is breathable. Likewise, the nylon used in certain athletic base layers is quite breathable too.

The weave makes a massive difference.

EDIT: I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier (maybe because it is back at the factory for a repair) but my Schott 613SH has nylon lining as well and I’ve not found that to present clamminess.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
That is strange that they said that, as far as I know the lightnings and cyclone are both motorcycle jackets and I was able to request black viscous satin body lining on both models...unless this is a single rider jacket only limitation...
A word of warning about the nylon - it is quite an open weave, so is more breathable in that sense, but also v scratchy on bare skin - not ideal for a t shirt fit - the satin sleeves are a far better bet I find. The nylon would be better for riding and with long sleeve t-shirts. I have both linings and although I can live with the nylon but in future I would avoid it as I don't ride and prefer to just wear t shirts most of the time under my LL jackets. It does wear a bit smoother over time, but its a fairly scratchy wait….

Damon141

Practically Family
I have such a limited season here in Florida which is I believe is the most humid state in the USA

I had a Schott with a quilted polyester lining and it was horrible and another with their flannel plaid and it was much better.

This will be a t shirt jacket, I’m going to ask anyway but like MrProper said they didn’t allow him to use Satin in the body. That leaves Nylon or the quilted.

I actually like the look of the quilted (it’s what I’m used to seeing in pictures of LL).
I will have to trust that LL nylon is more breathable since they know their own products but I don’t want scratchy as mentioned above so I wonder just how much warmer the quilted liner is. Anyone with experience with both in a warmer region please tell me your experience.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
I have such a limited season here in Florida which is I believe is the most humid state in the USA

I had a Schott with a quilted polyester lining and it was horrible and another with their flannel plaid and it was much better.

This will be a t shirt jacket, I’m going to ask anyway but like MrProper said they didn’t allow him to use Satin in the body. That leaves Nylon or the quilted.

I actually like the look of the quilted (it’s what I’m used to seeing in pictures of LL).
I will have to trust that LL nylon is more breathable since they know their own products but I don’t want scratchy as mentioned above so I wonder just how much warmer the quilted liner is. Anyone with experience with both in a warmer region please tell me your experience.
You can get the quilted lining just as the plain material, without the padding and quilting - just the cotton - I asked for that in my Dominator for warmer weather wear - it is in the same red material. That might be what you want tbh? The nylon is only an issue in the sleeves if worn with t shirts - its not v scratchy but then its nowhere near as confortable as the other sleeve linings.

Damon141

Practically Family
Pit to pit. I know this has been discussed to death on this site.

Some say 1” and so many say 3” to 5”

Depending on how high or low or even the tape is I have measured more back/Lat muscles which I can range from 46” to 48”

The five star below was 60cm p2p about 23.6 and the Himel was surprisingly loose at 24” p2p

I guess I’m wondering if I can get away with a tighter chest fit if I have more room in the waist that the 5star

Attachments

• E2010F00-D25C-49DE-A31C-451BE770FD0F.jpeg
    E2010F00-D25C-49DE-A31C-451BE770FD0F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 56992830-CFF1-4228-8FE5-76464C24DA75.jpeg
    56992830-CFF1-4228-8FE5-76464C24DA75.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

MrProper

Pit to pit. I know this has been discussed to death on this site.

Some say 1” and so many say 3” to 5”

Depending on how high or low or even the tape is I have measured more back/Lat muscles which I can range from 46” to 48”

The five star below was 60cm p2p about 23.6 and the Himel was surprisingly loose at 24” p2p

I guess I’m wondering if I can get away with a tighter chest fit if I have more room in the waist that the 5star
48' is 121.92 cm. Divided by two, you have 61 cm P2P.
Some room to move and a t-shirt should be, which then means a tight additional two to two and a half inches.
Then you'd be at a P2P of about 63.5 cm for the jacket.
I'm surprised you fit into the 5* at 60 cm.
My LL both have high armholes and don't feel a bit wider than my 5* Halfbelt, which has 2 cm less P2P. The lining may play into that a bit.
No, I would definitely not go tighter. But take into account that with my LL the P2P is slightly larger than indicated in the size chart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points