Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 1940s-50s Tweed Sport Coat 42

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
401274192.jpg

Late 1940s-early 1950s sack style grey, blue & off-white tweed wool sport coat or jacket from Daeuber, Palm Beach. No tag but probably a 42 (I am a 44 and its a little too small for me)

It features a slightly wider notched collar with boutonniere hole, 3-button front (all buttonholes are handstitched), ventless sack style back, & 2 buttons at each wrist. Partially lined in a satiny grey fabric with one interior pocket. Sleeves are lined in cream fabric. Seams are finished with matching grey fabric.

Overall, the jacket is in good vintage condition, but had been stored in an estate for decades, so will need cleaning to freshen, & remove or lessen some scattered, mostly light-colored spots ( see close-up of wrist that has darker spots). The fold along the collar has some typical soil, along with what appears to be a small mend at its center by the hanging loop (shown). On inside sleeve lining near armhole, the original owner's name was written, then crossed out (shown).

MEASUREMENTS: Jacket is 31 & 1/2"L from mid-shoulder to bottom edge * Shoulders 19"W between sleeve seams & 20 & 1/2"W between outer edges of shoulder padding * Sleeve 24"L, with 17"L inseam * Upper Arm about 18" around * Inside armhole almost 20" around * Chest 46" around.

On ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220964152747

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. It's more worth than that. It's a good sportscoat that can be worn everyday and combined with many outfits. Good size too (but wouldn't fit me) :-/

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys for the kind words. If the coat fit me better I would have never sold it and I thought long and hard about it. However, I had to list it three times on ebay to sell it even at that sum. I know I need better photos, but thats about as good as I can do with my mediocre camera and no dummy...

In the end, I am glad a lounger won it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner