Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VINTAGE Abercrombie & Fitch Suede Safari Jacket. FREE SHIPPING, OFFERS WELCOME!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
VINTAGE Abercrombie & Fitch Suede Safari Jacket.

This is NOT from the current teenager-mall iteration of Abercrombie & Fitch; this is from the OLD SCHOOL version of Abercrombie & Fitch (i.e., before 1977, when it filed for bankruptcy) that was a very serious outfitting store--it was Abercrombie & Fitch that sold Hemingway the gun that he used to kill himself, although I'm not sure that that's a selling point! It does illustrate, however, that in its previous life A&F was a very serious store indeed, producing first-rate clothing for safaris and other rugged outdoor sports.

This safari jacket is no exception. Cut from lovely honey-toned suede this features four patch flapped pockets on the front; the two lower pockets are bellows pockets, while the two top pockets have reverse pleats for expansion. Each of the pockets is secured by a button. The front is fastened by six large buttons, as well as a belt that is secured by D-rings. The cuffs are secured by buttons also; the sleeves feature lapped seams. The jacket is unvented, and fully lined. It carries the classic green-on-black old-school Abercrombie & Fitch label.

This jacket is in Good/Very Good condition. The suede is still nice and supple, but it has the usual scuffs and marks that suede always collects. There is a slight hole by one of the front buttons as shown; this can't be seen when worn. One of the loops for the belt is starting to become detached, and could use some attention.

This is the sort of jacket that Hemingway would have worn, sold by a retailer he patronized--how far has the A&F name fallen!

Asking just $49, or offer, shipped in the USA--a steal for this jacket! International inquiries welcome, with shipping at reduced cost.

Measurements:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 24 1/2
Shoulder: 19 1/4
Length: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider