Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

bambina

New in Town
I can hardly wait to buy one.

I did a search on bathing suits before i posted and nothing came up.So thanks to who ever bumped this thread.;)

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
LolitaHaze said:
This is me in my vintage 50's swimsuit. I did have to take it in the back a bit.
IMG_1981b-1.jpg

Such a great photo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh!

Decobelle said:
Isn't it cute? I used to feature it in vintage bathing suit fashion shows, but never got to wear it myself - I let the other volunteer models have their pick, and you can bet this one was always chosen first (I usually ended up wearing a 20s wool one myself, as none of the girls ever picked that one).

Are you also the Ebayer I bought the pink and green suit from in September? They were a producer of vintage bathing suit shows... how many of you could there be?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I will kill you both if this becomes a "You're skinnier" "No, I'm too fat, YOU'RE skinnier" thread! Last thing we need in the lounge is that crap. ;)

I love you, Miss Bella Hell!
Besides, I'm fatter.;)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
No, it wasn't me. I don't sell 'em - I just buy 'em. I did the shows for a local museum for a historical exhibit they were doing on California swimwear; it's not an ongoing thing for me.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
here's my swimsuit, you can't really see much as the picture is so dark! escuse my friends head too!!!! i picked it up for 3pounds in a charity shop, the swimsuit mind, not the head! ha ha!

swimsuit.jpg

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
artful dodgette said:
here's my swimsuit, you can't really see much as the picture is so dark! escuse my friends head too!!!! i picked it up for 3pounds in a charity shop, the swimsuit mind, not the head! ha ha!

swimsuit.jpg

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">

That's such a cute swim suit!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I will kill you both if this becomes a "You're skinnier" "No, I'm too fat, YOU'RE skinnier" thread! Last thing we need in the lounge is that crap. ;)

Amen, sister! There's enough of that nonsense in the "real world".

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
polkadot and artful dodgette, those are both darling suits! I'm actually getting excited about swimsuit season this year. I NEED a vintage-styled suit!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo