Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
old yazoo said:
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Ok, here's all my vintage suits. I'm sort of embarassed to post myself in them, standing in my kitchen no less, so bear with my stupid faces and wet hair. All are from ebay except the one mentioned.

Are you kidding me??? VA VA VOOM!!! You look unbelievably hot.

lol I DO???? Thanks!

Mojito

One Too Many
These bathing suits are so gorgeous that I'm considering breaking out of my usual purely functional Speedo mode for swimming and buying something similar to the above - particularly one of the halter necks, as it's a style I've never really considered.

Miss 1929, could you be persuaded to post more of your old Decobelles shots? Pretty please? They are just beyond divine - you all look amazing. The Hearst Castle photo had me wondering if that's the spot where Pepi Lederer organised her friends - including Louise Brooks - to dance in their wet bathing suits past a group of Hearst's associates, nicking some of the bottles the men had in front on them on the table as they sashayed past.

CherryRed said:
I ordered the solid black EW suit the other day. I will report back on fit when I get it. I have been wanting one for years.

I ordered the size 16 but it is way too big. Now I am debating if I should return it for a 12 or a 14. My measurements are 42 36 41 but I wear a 38D bra. Anyone have any suggestions on which I should get? The bathing suit I have from last year which fits fine is a 12. I ordered a 16 EW because I thought it was closest to my measurements. It it loose and the bra part just lays there, no stretch at all. Should I have gone by my bra size instead of my actual bust measurement?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
I ordered the size 16 but it is way too big. Now I am debating if I should return it for a 12 or a 14. My measurements are 42 36 41 but I wear a 38D bra. Anyone have any suggestions on which I should get? The bathing suit I have from last year which fits fine is a 12. I ordered a 16 EW because I thought it was closest to my measurements. It it loose and the bra part just lays there, no stretch at all. Should I have gone by my bra size instead of my actual bust measurement?

I'm almost exactly the same size (42, 34, 41) and I have a size 14EW suit. It fits very nicely in the bust and is a little baggy in the seat. However, any smaller and it would be too small in the bust.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
Repro swimsuit by Carmen Marc Valvo for Victoria's Secret: $156

V272325_EDIT_6M.jpg

I tried on one of these suits yesterday at Macy's. HOLY COW. This swimsuit is amazing! Very, very flattering, and I love the way the ruched skirt comes down further over the bum and can be pulled down in front. I wish I had $160 for this suit :(

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i found this cute sailor-theme suit in the window of a shop in town! unfortunately it was closed so i couldn't go try it on... maybe after work on friday. i'm not crazy about the red crotch, but maybe it looks less goofy in real life.

(sorry, you'll have to go to the site to see the picture... i'm using someone's mac and have no clue how to copy the image location since there's no right-click! :mad:)

epr25

Practically Family
The link doesn't seem to be working?

ShooShooBaby said:
i found this cute sailor-theme suit in the window of a shop in town! unfortunately it was closed so i couldn't go try it on... maybe after work on friday. i'm not crazy about the red crotch, but maybe it looks less goofy in real life.

(sorry, you'll have to go to the site to see the picture... i'm using someone's mac and have no clue how to copy the image location since there's no right-click! :mad:)

Has anyone exchanged a suit with EW before? If so how long did it take to get your replacement? They received mine at their PO on the 17th and it has yet to be signed for. I am going out of town in a few weeks and at this rate I am afraid I won't get it.
Also on the topic of EW, they charge $15 shipping and it comes in a priority bag posted for less then $5, then to exchange it if it isn't damaged you have to pay $15 again! :mad:
So watch your measurements. My suit was way too big.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
CherryRed said:
Has anyone exchanged a suit with EW before? If so how long did it take to get your replacement? They received mine at their PO on the 17th and it has yet to be signed for. I am going out of town in a few weeks and at this rate I am afraid I won't get it.
Also on the topic of EW, they charge $15 shipping and it comes in a priority bag posted for less then $5, then to exchange it if it isn't damaged you have to pay $15 again! :mad:
So watch your measurements. My suit was way too big.

Or check the shipping at other sites that offer EW suits, like mybabyjo.com.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
omgomgomgomg! so i went to the store to try on the blue bathing suit, and didn't even do it because they also had EW suits!! the navy suit had NO shaping inside whatsoever and i knew it wouldn't do it. i came home instead with a black-and-white polka dot EW one-piece, for $69 and no shipping.:D it fits like a charm! for the record, my measurements are about 39-33-39 and i got a size 12. pics later! anyway, portland gals, Naked City on Hawthorne has EW!!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
omgomgomgomg! so i went to the store to try on the blue bathing suit, and didn't even do it because they also had EW suits!! the navy suit had NO shaping inside whatsoever and i knew it wouldn't do it. i came home instead with a black-and-white polka dot EW one-piece, for $69 and no shipping.:D it fits like a charm! for the record, my measurements are about 39-33-39 and i got a size 12. pics later! anyway, portland gals, Naked City on Hawthorne has EW!!

that is great!! Does the EW suits have lots of shaping inside?

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
darhling, it doesn't have a TON of shaping, but the front has a power-mesh panel and cups, which help a lot. i actually wish there was a bit in the back, too. it really pulls in my stomach and makes my waist look more defined.

i took a picture! please excuse the bike helmet-hair and flushed face, i had just ridden a few miles home* :)

2522151103_3fc3bb799c.jpg

* ETA: i was not wearing the swimsuit while riding the bike. although that will probably happen some time in the summer.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
darhling, it doesn't have a TON of shaping, but the front has a power-mesh panel and cups, which help a lot. i actually wish there was a bit in the back, too. it really pulls in my stomach and makes my waist look more defined.

i took a picture! please excuse the bike helmet-hair and flushed face, i had just ridden a few miles home* :)

2522151103_3fc3bb799c.jpg

* ETA: i was not wearing the swimsuit while riding the bike. although that will probably happen some time in the summer.

Meow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner