Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
goldwyn girl said:
Glad to hear you havn't done that again. I would be making continual rounds of the pool area to make sure every one had seen it, like Jayne in "The Girl Can't Help It" :)

I know, it's amazing. I really did get a deal on it. It's a bit low in the back however, unless I'm careful I might reveal a bit more than intended!

olive bleu

One Too Many
fuzzylizzie said:
That would be MY collection! Isn't this a peach of a suit? I'm glad it's too small for me so I'm not tempted to wear it.

Lizzie

oh you lucky, lucky girl.this is my dream suit.I would give up my potato chip addiction even to fit into this.:)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
OMG I'm so sick of looking at poorly listed vintage swimsuits on Ebay. They either cost 50 billion dollars or the seller has listed the measurements with the suit laying flat. *sigh* Stupid sellers, tell me what it will stretch to!

OK, I'm done now.

olive bleu

One Too Many
KittyT said:
OMG I'm so sick of looking at poorly listed vintage swimsuits on Ebay. They either cost 50 billion dollars or the seller has listed the measurements with the suit laying flat. *sigh* Stupid sellers, tell me what it will stretch to!

OK, I'm done now.
whoa nellie!!!lol lol lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Repro swimsuit by Carmen Marc Valvo for Victoria's Secret: $156

V272325_EDIT_6M.jpg

Retro Scoopneck One-piece by V.S. $88

V271775.jpg

Polka Dot Balconet Top and High Waist Bottom by V.S. $42 and $38

V270730.jpg

Retro bandeau top and high waist bottom, V.S. $42 and $48

V271774.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
From Newport News:

Batik bandeau, $49
newport4.jpg

$49
newport2.jpg

Plunge-neck swimdress, $39
newport3.jpg

Ruched bandeau suit. Crisscross sash ties in back. Removable straps. $29!
newport1.jpg

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Esther Williams

Has anyone *recently* ordered directly from the Esther Williams site recently?? I have been having a hell of a time with their customer service....

I put my order in last Monday, I printed out their order form, scanned it in, and emailed it to them (I couldn't do it directly on their site because it would not calculate the proper shipping to Canada). I didn't receive a response/nothing came up on my credit card, so I contacted them again on Thursday. I received an email back from someone asking me for my order number, I told him I didn't have one as the site didn't process my order. The following day (Friday) he asked me to send him another copy of my order, which I did. I emailed him again on Saturday to confirm he had received it and my order would be processed, and it is now Monday and I have not heard anything.

What to do?? I even checked their website for a direct line, but you just get an answering machine when you call.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
sixsexsix said:
I emailed him again on Saturday to confirm he had received it and my order would be processed, and it is now Monday and I have not heard anything.

Keep in mind that most companies aren't open on the weekends, so don't be too concerned if you sent your order Friday and it's Monday and you haven't heard back. Give him a couple of days. After that, I'm not sure what to recommend.

Swingtime Gal

New in Town
esther williams suits

I just bought one about 3 weeks ago and I didn't have a spot of trouble. I ordered it on a Sat over the website and had it on my doorstep (with regular shipping not express) in 10 calendar days. However, I am in the states and put my order on directly over the site. By the way, the suit (the classic sheath in solid blue) is georgeous and I am a fuller busted gal and it supports me like a bra would hold things in and up. I reccomend it whole-heartedly

texasgirl

One Too Many
Bathing Beach Parade: 1919

Here's a great picture from shorpy.

July 26, 1919. Washington, D.C. Swimsuit "bathing beach parade" at the Tidal Basin.

18513u.jpg

old yazoo

Familiar Face
I just picked up this vintage jantzen!! I'm in love with the color, despite some fading. And I think it would look better if I take it in a little...
suit2.jpg

suit.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
old yazoo said:
I just picked up this vintage jantzen!! I'm in love with the color, despite some fading. And I think it would look better if I take it in a little...
suit2.jpg

suit.jpg

I love the colour and cut! Very cute.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I've been toying with the idea of buying a bathing suit this year for a potential summer holiday but am absolutely horrified by the thought of wearing one! I haven't worn one since I was about 13 (since I can't swim/don't like lying on beaches frying my skin I have seen no point in getting one) so all of this is totally new to me. UK ladies, do you know of any retro style suits available other than the ones on What Katie Did? I'm struggling to find them in the high street shops as they seem to be full of teeny triangle cut bikinis and vintage ones on Ebay go for too much.

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Yay a new swimsuit!

I am so excited I got a new swimsuit today at target!!! I love the pattern, and it looks surprisingly more vintage on than in the picture! I will post a picture soon, hopefully from the pool tomorrow, if the weather cooperates!!

51t5VhWSyxL._SS384_.jpg

P.S.- my polka dotted j.crew suit arrived a while back, but I just wore it for the first time last week and I love it!!! I am wishing that I had gotten it in another color as well! Also, I love that highwaisted creme colored suit from victoria's secret that KittyT posted... and it is on sale now! oh lordy my wallet cannot handle summer! lol

edit: here it is on me! :)

2467165368_9f3007675f.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
suit2.jpg

wow! it's the perfect colour and cut and well and you wear it with such style. Simply beautiful!

I don't know if I'd take it in. It looks just fine. Does it have a zipper so you can do it easily? I tried to narrow a swimmingsuit but then I couldn't get it on.

M

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
now i am on a swimsuit kick!

at 3am, just thought that I had to mention that the Urban Outfitters swim suits this season are wonderful! here are a few:

Lux Lamour One-Piece $88.00
14367551_60_b

Lux Colorblocked Sailor Swimsuit $98.00
14909501_41_b

Lux Polka Dot One-Piece $98.00
14833024_60_b

Lovely Rita Bikini (Top $39.00 and Bottom $29.00)
14292411_04_g

also, anthropologie has some lovelies, but for everyone's wallets sakes i will not post those!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner