Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Naama said:
Ah! I would love to have the ones from what katie did

swimsuit.tn_1.jpg

or the bikini

swimsuit.bikini.tn.jpg

but unfortunately I'm too messed up to go out in a swimsuit :(

I'm pretty sure both of these are just Esther Williams suits. The styling is the same, with the tummy panel, and the piecing of the halter design is also the same. The WKD suits are also made in the USA, so I suspect that they're the same suit.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Was this a strapless suit she's talking about? I have the classic bikini and have done plenty of swimming in it with absolutely no problems.

No, this was the classic sheath, with halter straps.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:
No, this was the classic sheath, with halter straps.

Strange. Then again, I am small busted. I imagine that most big busted gals would have this problem with almost any swimsuit.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, here's all my vintage suits. I'm sort of embarassed to post myself in them, standing in my kitchen no less, so bear with my stupid faces and wet hair. All are from ebay except the one mentioned.

Asymmetrical suit with fishnet back, Cole of CA
DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

Ubiquitous Leopard Suit, Cole of CA
DSCN0170.jpg

Blue Stretchy Suit with Waist Band, Perfection Fit by Roxanne
DSCN0172.jpg

Fun Pink Suit, Perfection Fit by Roxanne
DSCN0174.jpg

Red Playsuit with Double Straps, Gabar New York (got this one for a couple bucks in a thrift store!)
DSCN0176.jpg

2-piece with metal back zip and boned top, maker unknown
DSCN0177.jpg

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Naama said:
Ah! I would love to have the ones from what katie did

swimsuit.tn_1.jpg

or the bikini

swimsuit.bikini.tn.jpg

but unfortunately I'm too messed up to go out in a swimsuit :(

Naama
I really want that leopard one piece but they only do down to a size 10 and I'm an 8, same with their underwear pretty much everything they make starts on size up from mine... I can get their stockings, but I think that's just about it xx

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
miserabelle said:
I really want that leopard one piece but they only do down to a size 10 and I'm an 8, same with their underwear pretty much everything they make starts on size up from mine... I can get their stockings, but I think that's just about it xx

You can get the EXACT same suit from the Esther Williams store at www.esther-williams.com.

Miss_Bella_Hell

miserabelle said:
Thank you so much! I think their smallest size is still a tad big but I'll keep checking ^-^ xx

It does go down to a US 6, I normally wear a US 8 but I'd be more like a 12-14 in the EW suits so be sure to check the size charts.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Miss Bella Hell, You do not look aweful! Your figure is quite adorable. I love your red and white playsuit. Watch your closet!lol If you hear rifleling around in there tonight just go back to sleep and ignore it!:D

Samantha

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
It does go down to a US 6, I normally wear a US 8 but I'd be more like a 12-14 in the EW suits so be sure to check the size charts.
Yeah I thought that'd be it, I'm a US... 4 I think, I'm not super-skinny just kinda short, and in proportion haha. I'm sure I'll find something similar xx

Miss_Bella_Hell

miserabelle said:
Yeah I thought that'd be it, I'm a US... 4 I think, I'm not super-skinny just kinda short, and in proportion haha. I'm sure I'll find something similar xx

You'd probably need a 6 in the EW suits then, so you should be fine! ;)

scarlett

One of the Regulars
VaVaVoom Miss Bella Hell! - you look incredible in your swimsuits. I want them all.
KamiKat thank you for the info on the suit, I have the same style and haven't worn it yet. Maybe I shall just lounge by the pool in it.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Thanks Fleur, GG, and Cherry! I know where to come if I ever need to unload some of my suits.

Goldwyn - I actually wore that suit once in a chlorinated pool, can you imagine? I rinsed it out really well afterwards and have been a good girl since. I bought it with a gold mesh wrap for something like $12 on ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner