Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage caps

Blackthorn, your pic got me to reminiscing & looking for an old cider press:

View attachment 106428

View attachment 106429

But now I dreaming of a set up like this:

IMG_5550.jpg

See what you did?
I keep coming back (off topic.....do we have a topic for distilling?? We may need to start one......:rolleyes:) to this really cool column still set up. I prefer copper pot stills for more base flavor in my whiskey (column stills produce a higher alcoholic volume distillate with less base oils and flavor from the original mash) but this setup is just so nice I can really see it in the corner of my shed!;):):):):rolleyes:
Darn you guys.......;)
M

I keep coming back (off topic.....do we have a topic for distilling?? We may need to start one......:rolleyes:) to this really cool column still set up. I prefer copper pot stills for more base flavor in my whiskey (column stills produce a higher alcoholic volume distillate with less base oils and flavor from the original mash) but this setup is just so nice I can really see it in the corner of my shed!;):):):):rolleyes:
Darn you guys.......;)
M
Rather than spend that kind of money for the setup I think I'll just mash up some apples & pour in some Everclear to add to the fermentation. Or just go to the bar.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
On March 24th, I'm breaking the habit of a lifetime, I shall wear a newsboy flat cap to a Peaky Blinders inspired event. The flat cap has never appealed to me, although on my desk is a photo, circa 1929/30 of my paternal grandfather, standing alongside his brother, with my father, then a schoolboy, resplendent in their flat caps. Grandfather died before I was born, but his brother lived to a grand old age. And if there are any loungers from North London, you might remember a pub called The Cambridge Arms, now demolished, at the junction of The North Circular road and the A10. That pub was my grandfather's brother's. My great uncle.
This is the cap that my wife has bought for me.
newsboy.jpg

I have found the photo of grandfather, sorry about the poor quality.
grandad 002.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana