Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Couture Charity Auction - Dublin, Sunday 8th February 2009

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
There is going to be a Vintage Couture Charity Auction tomorrow at James Adam & Sons Auctioneers here in Dublin which I'm hoping to attend:

http://www.jamesadam.ie/AnneBullittVintageCoutureCharityAuction.asp

"An auction of vintage couture in aid of Crumlin Children’s Hospital will be held at Adam’s salerooms at 26 St. Stephens Green, Dublin on Sunday February 8th 2009 with viewing on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th.

The sale will comprise an exquisite collection of clothing and accessories from the estate of the late Anne Bullitt, by fashion houses such as Lanvin, Ungaro, Yves St. Laurent, Givenchy and Chloe. As well as garments for day and evening wear there will be accessories galore; shoes, gloves and scarves, the Hermes label being a particular favourite. The sale will also include a selection of costume jewellery including pieces by Givenchy and Cartier.

This auction will provide an unprecedented opportunity in Ireland to purchase both collectible and wearable pieces by some of the most exciting designers of the 20th Century dating from the 1940’s-1980’s.

Perhaps the most exciting aspect of this sale is that 100% of the proceeds will go to Crumlin and all lots will be offered without reserve."

I'm try to get there early - I've never been to an auction before so this will be an exciting first!

I'm going to bid on some of the items and really hope to be successful - this lady's wardrobe was incredible - wish me luck ladies! ;)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Just back from the auction - the place was packed full of people of all ages and the was a definite buzz in the air. The auction began with several pieces of jewelry by the likes of Lanvin and Givenchy but I held off until the next selection came up - the scarves and gloves - I ended up bidding for and buying a set of 5 Lanvin scarves and a set of three kinds of gloves by Hermes - am so delighted with my purchases!

I left before the bidding started on the clothing but held on to see an Hermes Kelly Bag going for €7,000. That all the proceeds go to charity makes it all worthwhile walking through the snow and bad weather to get to the auction.:)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Good scores! Thanks for letting us know about this. I always wondered about the latter part of this woman's life since I've read alot about Louise Bryant.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda